May 06, 2024, 02:38:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Death Valley Ride Photos

Started by Coyote, March 09, 2009, 04:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

Quote from: IBARider on March 11, 2009, 12:57:06 PM
do you have pics of the old train station in Rhyolite?  Or the most famous building, the glass bottle house.  House built with beer bottles thrown out of the local tavern...

I did not get any photos of the bottle house. I'm guessing they were the building(s) off a ways and fenced. This may be the old train station. It was next to a train car anyways.

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

mrmike

Riding the desert has been at the top of my to-do list for a long time thanks for sharing the pics. Hard to believe SFarson hasn't been through there.....yet. lol

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Clintster

Nice Pics, thanks for sharing.  I see all kinds of Coyotes roaming...
Drive fast, take chances

still_on2_wheels

Nice Pics!

Here are some from last year. Seems to me it was 115 as I rolled in and camped for the night. It was a dry heat for sure.

<a href="http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn152/tucana_photos1/Death%20Valley%20Aug2008/?albumview=slideshow">Death Valley Aug2008 - slideshow</a>

Jeff
Shiney side up please.

Rugby_fxdwg

While E. Coyote,
   ;DI understand that coyotes will eat small dogs, it happend to the VP of our company. Do they eat bigger dogs too? I thought coyotes were just a little bigger then foxes...
Great pictures, I hope someday to ride through...
1996 80" Wide Glide 10.5-1 85HP/85Ft; 1999 Ultra 95" 6speed; 1989 FXRS

LT611

Thank's for the pic's and taking the time to share them with us, Great view's that a lot of us would never get to see other than thru your pic's.It also let's us plan on taking a future ride next time we are in the area. :wink:

IBARider

Quote from: Coyote on March 11, 2009, 01:44:12 PM
Quote from: IBARider on March 11, 2009, 12:57:06 PM
do you have pics of the old train station in Rhyolite?  Or the most famous building, the glass bottle house.  House built with beer bottles thrown out of the local tavern...

I did not get any photos of the bottle house. I'm guessing they were the building(s) off a ways and fenced. This may be the old train station. It was next to a train car anyways.

Yup,  that's the train station. 
The glass house was on the right next to the old general store.  The old west style bar is gone.  These building are to the right of the road close to the highway.  Close to that weird sculpture thing on the left next to the old car bumper sculpture... Unless I'm thinking of someplace else... You see a lot of 'strange' when you get off the beaten path...
It slid 112 feet and I had no road rash

Snussy

Great pics !!  Thanks for posting.

lingpoen1967

been there...luved it...came up the 395 through Trona.....awesome....!