May 08, 2024, 02:48:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Set up for 2000 Sportster with 1250 engine upgrade kit

Started by IslandSporster00, June 02, 2014, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IslandSporster00

I've got a 2000 Sportster with 6,000 miles on it that I got for $2400 and I'm looking to put some serious work into it. Before I start, I want to make sure that the components I'm planning on getting are all going to be worth it/work together. I'm pretty new to this so any opinions or educated help would be greatly appreciated. I'd like my bike to maintain its maneuverability but also have the best torque and highest hp as possible. Basically, I want to be able to leave the line in a hurry and get to my higher speeds quickly. The area I live in lacks long and open roads so what I'm looking for is the ability to go in and out of traffic quickly and rip off of the line as fast as possible. I've done a fair amount of research into different set ups and because money is not an issue, I want to have a definitive set up lined up before I start making my purchases. This is the set up that I've got planned so far, any input would be greatly appreciated: NRHS Stage 3 1250cc kit, forcewinder XR2 Intake System, Mikuni HSR45 Carburetor, Screaming Eagle .536 Camshafts, Dyna 20000i Injection Module, Bassani Ceramic 2-1 Road Rage Megaphone Muffler Exhaust, Energy One Clutch, NRHS Variable Pressure Clutch System, Hurricane Springs/Retainers, Hurricane Pushrods, NRHS Collapsible Pushrod Covers, S&S Roller Rocker Arms, Powerglide Tapp, NRHS Hurricane Valves, Hurricane Valve Guides/Seals/Seats, EarthX Lithium Battery, Hurricane Oil Filter, Roland Sands Design Contrast Cut Diesel Wheels, Metzeler Marathon Tires, Progressive Suspension Drop in Front Lowering System, Progressive Suspension 412 Rear Shocks. I know that specific sizes for my springs, retainers, pushrods, rocker arms, tapps, and valves are very important so once again, any input is greatly appreciated. I"m aware that my knowledge in these regards is somewhat lacking, so any advice I can receive would be immensely helpful.

strokerjlk

sounds like a solid plan.
if your using 883 heads to start with ? maybe consider a set of buell XB  or thunderstorm heads.
then look at the SE 575 HO cams.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

WhipLash96

Give it a little compression as well. I would go with at least 10:1 corrected. The 883 heads are only a 49cc head so you will need them cc'd if that is what you are going with. I have a set of SE 55cc heads. Look for a cam, not just the SE line that gives early intake and exhaust event's.  Duration data should be around 255ish for high Rev but might be a waste since you said you lack the roads to utilize that.
Thanks,
Whip