September 20, 2024, 08:20:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

how to see the tops of pistons with heads installed

Started by happyman, June 30, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyman

Believe it was a few weeks ago was reading here somewhere , that there is a pretty reasonable cost tube or some kind that we can view the tops of pistons . i cannot seem to locate the thread. Am hoping some of the outfits that make these differant viewers  could once again post what works well and is not a lot of$$$$
Thanks  again

OzyMax

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: OzyMax on June 30, 2014, 01:29:03 PM
plenty of cheap USB endoscopes on Ebay
Yep

For around 20 bucks.. Need a laptop..

Max

Ohio HD

Got one that also has video codecs, will record to several video formats. As well as take still pics.

Think it was the $30.00 model....

happyman

Any  names of these..Or manufacturer name by chance?.
Thanks

Ohio HD

WI Bob

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 30, 2014, 01:49:05 PM
Got one that also has video codecs, will record to several video formats. As well as take still pics.

Might you have a link?

Thanks,
Bob
Just here for the women.

Ohio HD

Quote from: WI Bob on June 30, 2014, 02:02:31 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on June 30, 2014, 01:49:05 PM

Might you have a link?

Thanks,
Bob

Just search eBay for USB endoscope. You'll get lots of items. Mine was over a year ago, so I don't know whom I got it from.

prodrag1320

Quote from: OzyMax on June 30, 2014, 01:29:03 PM
plenty of cheap USB endoscopes on Ebay

ive got one.unbeavably good picture,paid around 20 bucks

joebags

I have a cheap one from HF, the end is too big to fit in a spark plug hole so in your search make sure of that. I just used a Snap-on one of course it was a grand, but I took a video of the cylinders and you can hear the music from my radio from the bottom of the cylinder, even can see the part number on top of the pistons

kjd

vtwinjim

Here's the one I bought on Amozon and it's pretty good.  Software is a little quirky on windows 8.

XCSOURCE 7mm Waterproof 200x USB Microscope Inspection Borescope Endoscope Pipe Inspection Snake Video Camera

happyman

Quote from: vtwinjim on June 30, 2014, 07:55:55 PM
Here's the one I bought on Amozon and it's pretty good.  Software is a little quirky on windows 8.

XCSOURCE 7mm Waterproof 200x USB Microscope Inspection Borescope Endoscope Pipe Inspection Snake Video Camera

will it go in a Harley plug hole? 

prodrag1320

Quote from: happyman on June 30, 2014, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: vtwinjim on June 30, 2014, 07:55:55 PM

will it go in a Harley plug hole?

mine goes in the plug hole with no prob

Soft 02

Cheap borescope. Thats how I saw the marks from a missing wrist pin clip on my cyl walls.
07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA