LiquiMoly 10w-60 synthoil racetech gt1 100% Synthetic SL,CF,A3,B4 $8.52/qt

Started by Mountainman streetbob, July 14, 2014, 06:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountainman streetbob

I was choking on paying $15+ a quart (including tax and shipping) for quality 20w-60 redline, 60wt amsoil etc etc etc and started looking for high quality oils. I came across LIQUI MOLI being used in motorcycle racing and off road racing and I kept seeing this oil popping up in baja, dakar, rallies, LeMans and european races... I started to investigate this oil and found it being in m-type bmw's and some other european sports cars from the factories...

Then I found it at NAPA!   It is $8.52 a quart if purchased 5 liters at a time! Anyone else know of a 100% synthetic 60wt under $9 a quart including tax?

Memphis summers are brutal on twin cams. The quietest twin cams I have been around are running amsoil 60 wt and 20w-60 redline.

No I don't want to start an arguement about 60wt oil, I will just say Eric Buell uses 60wt and oil in their racebikes and SEVERAL endurance twins with major records from multiple manufacturers run 20w-60. To my ears in my bikes the 60wt and 20w-60 oil is definitely quieter when the temps are over 90*...

However even here in Memphis we only have those temps for 3 months... The nighttime temps are down in the 50's-60's for 6 more months and high's in the 80's and 90's. This requires changing the oil every 3 months to meet the MOCO's suggestions.

100% synthetic, SL rated, Euro A3 and B4 ratings, CF rated as well (that's for old dirty diesels!) 8000km(5000mile) change interval,
60wt cushion for a quiet top end and 10wt flow for quick lubrication properties at start up... :teeth:

Has anyone heard of or used this oil? Sure seems like it might be a great year round oil for us Southerners.

I ordered 5 liters of it to try out and send to blackstone come the next 5000 miles service.

All right everyone let me know what I am missing? What have I overlooked? Let me know what I am doing wrong.  :potstir:

[attach=0]

[attach=1]

[attachimg=3]

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Brice H Dyal  The "Mountainmman"
US Army 89-01 35H/12B US Army AMC

No Cents

I have heard of it and I know the Beamer guys use it.
I too use Amsoil 60wt and it does seem to make for a quieter valve train in the summer months.
I did a google search looking for the Liqui Moly 10W60 synthetic oil and it seemed nobody had it locally in any of the auto parts store. I was willing to try it...if I could find it.
I will stroll into the Napa store tomorrow and see if they have it...or see if they have any in their warehouse. If they do for that price...I'll buy some and give it a try.
Thanks for the heads up on where it can possibly be had  :up:

Ray
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

06roadglide

I have an M3 and it's what I run in it.  Much cheaper than the Castrol TWS!
I have ran it in my bike in the colder weather due to the 10w rating and can't say anything negative about it. 
I don't use it when the weather gets hot tho, I stick with plain ole VR1 50 or 60w.

RevFastEddy

It is one of the premium oils marketed in Europe.  It meets all Mercedes, Porch, Audi, BMW specs for very long change intervals.  I have used it before too.
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
Vietnam 67-68, Red Beach

Don D

Found it online for 38.95 at autopartsdistributors.org
I am interested because it will work in the duramax too

No Cents

Surprisingly my local Napa store had six 1 litre bottles of the Liqui Moly 10W60 synthetic sitting on the shelf for $11.99 a bottle.
I asked him about the 5 litre jug and he said let me check. He came back and said I can have one here tomorrow morning by 8AM for $49.99. I told him I'd take one.
I rode the bike straight home and put it up on the lift to drain the oil. I'm going to let the old oil drain out real good sitting over night.
I'll let's you's know in the next few days if I can actually hear a difference in my valve train running this Liqui Moly 10W60 syn over the Mobil 1 15W50 syn that I drained out. 

Ray

Deye76

East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

No Cents

Mountainman streetbob

Napa has the 5 liter on sale $45 liters[attachimg=1] $10.80[attachimg=2]

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

No Cents

:up:
thanks!
I went to Napa online and printed out the same thing you posted to take with me in the morning when I go to pick mine up.
They quoted me $49.99..but apparently the guy didn't know it's on sale right now.
Hey 5 bucks...is 5 bucks...right!

Ray

Mountainman streetbob

Can't wait to hear your results Ray!

I will be changing over to try the new oil on Saturday.

We'll see how it compare to straight 50 weight in the heat.

Jaycee1964

If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

Mountainman streetbob

Jaycee1964

:agree:  I just noticed that.. ug.  always a catch.  but luckily I had $20 worth of points on my Amazon card and applied it.  Got it for $30 shipped.  I'll try it.  I'm heading from NH to WV next Wednesday a.m. and will do about 1600 miles that week including play riddin'  :wink:   I'll post how I like it too.
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

FSG

Hard to find here in Oz as they have preferred stockists which equates to PIA, but I did find it nearby.

Oz $89.95 for a 5L Jug  //  $18/L  , maybe I'll give it a try when my Mobil1 V-Twin stock diminishes.

Soft 02

07 FXST 124" Vee Twin built!
66 Triumph Tiger TR6 DOA

DOM

I have a question.  What is it that makes an oil "for air cooled V-Twin engines"?  Are there additives?  Is it really different than regular syn oil?  I wonder because Amsoil and Redline both have 20-60 "regular" and "air cooled" versions available.  Well, at least in the 20-50 versions.

Jaycee1964

Quote from: DOM on July 16, 2014, 06:06:43 AM
I have a question.  What is it that makes an oil "for air cooled V-Twin engines"?  Are there additives?  Is it really different than regular syn oil?  I wonder because Amsoil and Redline both have 20-60 "regular" and "air cooled" versions available.  Well, at least in the 20-50 versions.

For a Harley the Anti-foam is the biggest IMO.  Nothing like pulling the cap off and seeing a sea of foam in the tank.

bulldog

itsafatboy

Any spec sheets on oil would like to see what the additive numbers are i.e Zinc.
also would like to know if its a ester base   

ThumperDeuce

Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

No Cents

My 1st impressions of the 10W60 Liqui Moly is a good one. More testing is needed to see if I actually found a permanent oil to switch to.
The bike did seem to be a touch quieter in the valve train upon start up after I changed my oil yesterday.
I rode the bike into work this morning and I checked the digital dip stick I have when I got to the shop. Now...it was a fairly cool morning out...but the dip stick only read 184*.
Normally I would see my oil temp's in the low to mid 190* area on my morning rides into work.
I will take a long slow ride home today after work to note what the temp's are I see.
I have been seeing my normal oil temps in the 220*- 230* range without the use of my cooling fans. This was with running the 15W50 Mobil 1 syn.

Ray

BUBBIE

I Too will try it.

I ordered from Amazon 5 ltr. 10w/60for 46$ plus tax.
Being a PRIME member, I get Free two day shipping.
Nice for out-back Az.
Not too good IF I were in Oz... :hyst:

I DO use Redline, just ordered it by the case... 20/50 is okay $$ wise but the 20/60 is a gouge.$$$$..

I decided to use this new oil in my air-cooled welder. The Redline has worked so well for years in my bikes, It IS hard to change this late in the game.

signed....BUBBIE
Quite Often I am Right, so Forgive me when I'm WRONG !!!