May 08, 2024, 09:46:11 PM

News:

Here is a funny one.

Started by joe_lyons, August 12, 2014, 12:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

Customer asked to have his 06 deluxe with a recently installed mik 42 ran on the dyno to check a/f. I found that the front cyl was pretty decient but the graph looked horrible.  I then checked the rear cyl and found out why.  I checked cranking comp. and got 195 both.  Just for giggles i replaced intake seals and still the same thing.  Jason and I shot some ideas back and fourth and still nothing that came to mind.  He then called me back and said take the heavy breather elbow off and see what it does and I had thought about this but I have tuned other carb bikes with a heavy breather and no issues, but damit he was right take a look at the graphs.  Damn heavy breather.  Thanks Jason

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

rbabos

You figure the elbow set up a pulse wave or something like that robbing fuel from the rear? Not a lot of fuel fog going on with EFI but plenty with carbs.
Ron

joe_lyons

All I know is it was doing something bad.  Customer is getting a different a/c for using highway pegs anyway.

Just Nick

How were you able to tune a carb bike with sespt?  :potstir: Just kidding. But thanks that is good info to know if i ever run into something like that
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

joe_lyons

Yes I forgot to remove that from the last tune.