May 09, 2024, 10:43:07 AM

News:

Need a TMAX dyno tuner

Started by motorhead_smf, July 08, 2014, 10:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorhead_smf

I live in Southeast Michigan and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for someone who can dial my build in.  04 softail with the thundermax .  Bout 1000 miles on it since head work and cams.  She runs pretty good with the Feul moto tune I have but seems to pop out the exhausts during the first 10 miles I ride it or so.  Runs great after that though.  I planned on having it dynoed anyway and not sure where to bring it.
Thanks for any suggestions.  Feel free to pm if you don't want to put someone's business on blast for whatever reason.

Durwood

motorhead_smf

Quote from: Durwood on July 08, 2014, 10:41:11 AM
How about Fuel moto?

That's about a 8 hour one way without stopping.  Not out of the question if it comes to it.  Something within an hour or two would suit me better tho.

motorhead_smf

Surprised nobody has a comment here.

Post elsewhere maybe??

HDGearHead

You could try Drago's Bike Works in Machesney IL.  He's a couple of hours closer to you than Fuel Moto.

Durwood

BVHOG is in Wisconsin, can't remember the town but he can tune it if not too far away, Also Deye76 is originally from Michigan, he knows a tuner or two in your state IIRC.

Shoot these guys a pm.

Merc63

Isn't the point of Tmax is closed loop and you can tune it yourself??
2000 Dyna
126" S&S

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Merc63 on July 22, 2014, 09:29:02 PM
Isn't the point of Tmax is closed loop and you can tune it yourself??

You still need a gauge to measure output power..

Max

cruzmisl

I just saw this so maybe this info will help. I heard Torq Monster in Port Huron has some skillz with tuning,

http://www.yelp.com/biz/torq-monster-motorworks-port-huron

I also heard some good stuff about Chad at Roeder Racing in Monroeville,Ohio which is only 90 minutes from Detroit.

http://www.roederracing.com/

I know Frank Dragos really knows the Tmax but it's not as close as the others. If you're in for a road trip though he's a great option too.

http://www.dragosbikeworks.com/

Your last option would be to call Zippers and see who they suggest.

Keep the thread updated on who you decide to go to and your experience. It will help others.

J. 

BVHOG

Since 99 percent of T-max buyers get them to try to avoid a dyno I don't service them, IMHO it is a step backwards in technology and ecm dependability from stock ecm with a good reflash type  dyno tune.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

motorhead_smf

Good looking man.  Wish I would have heard this before getting ready for mountain run.  I'll have to get it in somewhere.  For those that don't know a/f auto tunes on these modules timing does not.  Also certain rpm vs throttle positions are hard to repeat on street so a dyno is the way to "perfect" it.

Some would argue. Tuning a range you never ride in is pointless, but knowing your in tip top tune is good to know. 

Plus a dyno will tell you what kind of power your making, I wouldn't mind knowing.  I should be at least 100 but who knows with my current tune.

harleytuner

Cruzmisl is right, we tune them at Roeder Racing in Monroeville Ohio.  Although Thursday is (regrettably) my last day there.  I bought a dyno and am setting up my own shop in Virginia.  Scott at Roeders will get you hooked up though, he is Very thorough and has been tuning a long time.  Great guy and a great place to go.

Chad

5oh

Quote from: harleytuner on August 11, 2014, 03:41:55 PM
Cruzmisl is right, we tune them at Roeder Racing in Monroeville Ohio.  Although Thursday is (regrettably) my last day there.  I bought a dyno and am setting up my own shop in Virginia.  Scott at Roeders will get you hooked up though, he is Very thorough and has been tuning a long time.  Great guy and a great place to go.

Chad

Where at in Virginia?

harleytuner

Fredericksburg.

I'm not going to mess with Thundermax in my shop though.  I'll stick with everything else though