May 04, 2024, 10:09:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT What would you do ?...

Started by tireater, March 13, 2009, 10:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

04customking

If your friend was going the speed limit or slightly above and then sped up to 70 to "get out of the way" then fine and dandy but 104mph??? Give me a break.
Jim  '54 FL Pan. '04 RK Custom

tireater

I know what you are saying...the CHP has a policy of not using lights or sirens when approaching you...
The place it happened was a 'jumpers' bridge...1 lane and 1 extra foot each way...
I don't know what I would if approached by a car there at 120 who decided to try and get a couple feet behind me...
I have done 100 on that bridge lots of times...I just would not do it at night or when other cars are around...
He does seem real sincere and is really beating him self mentally...I remember the stress my last ticket caused me...
I'm going to ask him to check with ticket busters...a group in Cali. that charges $250 to help you with the forms to do a trial in the mail.
If they can't help (Money back guarentee) I will have him look up a regular lawyer...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Memnar

Tell it like it happened to the judge. Why he speed up ( fear for his life, etc).

I used to work for a judge in college, you would be surprised how often the judge favors your side. The judge I worked for didn't really like the cops anymore than we did.

If that does not work, beg for mercy not justice.

Good luck..

-Erik

Albuquerque, NM.

Bruno

Quotehe knows s.b. area cops judges etc.

That would be my first phone call. The ones who "know people" win a whole lot of cases in my region.
.                               If it ain't broke, don't fix it.