March 28, 2024, 07:13:32 AM

News:

Farewell Grumpy

Started by Deye76, August 24, 2014, 11:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

August 24, 2014, 11:57:29 AM Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 02:00:20 PM by Coyote
Couldn't make it to Florida, so I enjoyed one in tribute to a man who thought of others with his effort every week no matter what.

Thanks Grumpy, you won't be forgotton.

You cannot see attachments on this board.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

preacher son

i made a ride this morning for Grumpy. It was interesting to say the least. Nice cool ride, no cages which helped me on trying to take pics. Got where i wanted to drink a moonshine bloody mary, took some pics and looked down by the bike, there were three brass casings from a 44/40. Interesting because that is my favorite rifle i own.

Ya just dont see um around here.  Think what ya want, i just kinda felt it was Bruce saying ride on.   :chop:

Preacher Son
http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/hdchuckie/slideshow/Grumpy%20ride

FTW          I've had a good life

boooby1744

FLTRI05

2005 Road Glide FLTRI
2004 Heritage Softail FLSTCI

Coff 06

August 24, 2014, 12:36:28 PM #4 Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:41:56 PM by Coff 06
Farewell old friend! I don't drink anymore,but I did hoist a little something after a moment of silence.No more pain,ride free brother :chop:            Coff 06

Good job Charlie,you done him good :wink:
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

hotbo

Quote from: preacher son on August 24, 2014, 12:23:30 PM
i made a ride this morning for Grumpy. It was interesting to say the least. Nice cool ride, no cages which helped me on trying to take pics. Got where i wanted to drink a moonshine bloody mary, took some pics and looked down by the bike, there were three brass casings from a 44/40. Interesting because that is my favorite rifle i own.

Ya just dont see um around here.  Think what ya want, i just kinda felt it was Bruce saying ride on.   :chop:

Preacher Son
http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/hdchuckie/slideshow/Grumpy%20ride

glad i got to grow up with u in my life and be able to call u Brother!

RIP Grumpy.

Travis  :beer:
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

88b

I've been thinking about Grumpy today, known him a long time, glad I managed to see him last year when we were in Florida. None of us are getting any younger we need to do what's important you never know what's around the corner.

preacher son

glad i got to grow up with u in my life and be able to call u Brother!

Travis  :beer:
[/quote]

Thanks Travis the feeling is mutual.   :beer:

Deye76

Quote from: 88b on August 24, 2014, 02:13:29 PM
I've been thinking about Grumpy today, known him a long time, glad I managed to see him last year when we were in Florida. None of us are getting any younger we need to do what's important you never know what's around the corner.
Exactly, I missed Grumpy while in Daytona a couple years ago, and thought i would catch up with him last March, didn't happen so had every intention this March. My bad timing..again. 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

truck

I don't have the makings for a Bloody Mary so I lifted a glass of V8 juice @ 2:30. Got some dust in my eye at the same time. :cry:
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

HV

Went for a ride this afternoon... someone was with me
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

76shuvlinoff

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

preacher son

lonerider2

Tsani

August 24, 2014, 05:25:59 PM #14 Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:24:12 PM by Coyote
See you in the wind my friend :rose:

[attach=0]
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier

05FLHTC

:agree:  I took a short ride also early this am, he sure will be missed here but never forgotten...

Ride free enjoy Grumpy  :up:
Illinois the Corruption Capitol of USA

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

BanditLoon2003

:up: You will really be missed Brother! 

-deuced-

That's a nice little tribute there, Preach. Good pics.   :up:

Rags722

Went for a nice ride with my wife and 2 close friends today.  We stopped to grab lunch at a place at 2:00 PM.  I knew what I had to do at 2:30, but around 2:15 I started telling them about Grumpy, his health, his meet & greets complete with chili, and his Sunday photos.  I filled them in on the past month or so, and explained that at 2:30, I was going to observe a moment of silence and say a prayer to a lost brother.  At 2:30 sharp, I bowed my head and said my goodbyes, thought about a lot of Grumpy's posts, and somehow also noticed how quiet our table was... Ditto on the table directly behind me.  When I looked up, I saw my wife and friends were also bowed in prayer.  I honestly can't say if the folks behind us prayed or not, but I'm pretty sure they overheard at least part of our conversation and were respectfully quiet for Grumpy.  Crap, damned sand in my eyes again.

shobby dobby

RIP Grumpy you will be missed. We go to Daytona every Oct. went by for about 3 yrs then skip some  and didn't go see him and have been by the last 2yrs to see him. I thought that we were to busy to go by a couple of yrs  but last yr I posted if he was willing to have a meet an greet and I was his friend then we should go see him and we did the last 2yrs and we are very proud that we did   we all of us should never be too busy for a friend. Our prayers are with you family and friends

Shobby Dobby n Way-Low

fidel

take a ride today on back road pass a little  village i see a couple bike in front of a small bar  i made a u turn and stop to the bar i sit outside on the terrace and i take a beer  :beer: :sad:

rip Grumpy   from montreal canada

Jim Bronson

I didn't know you, but I could tell you were a good man from your posts and photos and how everyone loved you. What more is there to say?  :sad:
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

CndUltra88

Dam sand was in my eyes today too.
A lady friend called last-night and asked if I was going for a ride today and if there was room for a passenger. Told her to be here for a 1100hrs departure.
The morning started on the cool side and some high cloud that was actually smoke from the many forest fires burning around here and from the Pacific NorthWest.
Anyways, got going down the road and about 25 miles in the check engine light comes on and I go like wtf... pointed it out to my passenger and thought it was best to turn around, but the bike wasnt skipping or anything.
Another 2 miles and I notice the Volt Meter dropping to 10 V and which I decided it was time to turn back with my tail tucked between my legs and headed for home.
The route had three over passes and one two lane tunnel that goes under the Fraser River and I was hoping the bike would get us back home.
What I didnt tell my passenger was the bike could die at any moment and that I was worried about the tunnel and if it died there and we had to bail....
Anyways, was fretting about the bike, the safety of my passenger and the passing of Bruce (dam sand).
Anyways, got her home to within a half a block and the bike gave it up .
Bruce, never got to Ormand Beach to meet, but felt you had my back this afternoon.
Thank You !!!
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Windweaver