May 09, 2024, 12:51:56 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Another Burns pipe project

Started by ThumperDeuce, March 28, 2014, 05:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThumperDeuce

Well my scoot is running.  It's putting out the low 150's torque and hp now.  Otto has been working on the low and mid range.  I am going to run it for a couple of weeks and then drop it off with him.  He wants to tweak the pipe a little and go after the timing for the top end.  He thinks it should get up in the 160's based on the shape of the curve so far.

This is not a quiet pipe.
Idiots are fun, no wonder every village wants one.

Nowhereman

That rear down pipe looks like a leg burner.
Specially when sitting at a light.
The Burns stuff looks promising and I look forward to a finished product.
Note: A slight up sweep to the pipe will set it up better for riding though. :pop:
- From Nowhere in particular

FXDRYDR

Good on ya thumper!  A very strong effort, all the right pieces and one of the best in the biz putting things together.  Can't wait to see where it ends up.  Nice job!

ThumperDeuce

Quote from: Nowhereman on August 31, 2014, 10:16:33 AM
That rear down pipe looks like a leg burner.
Specially when sitting at a light.

It is hard to see the angle in the picture but the pipe tucks in right where your leg goes down to hold it at a stop.  The positioning is perfect.

gordonr

:up: Fine looking Deuce ThumperDuece. Looks like when you do a wide open run your legs are going to have a hard time staying on. I made a rear set for my Deuce and the same for the Hemi Performance's Deuce that's holds the PMF-2000 class at Bonneville. Easily allows 130 mph plus runs.
"If was easy everyone would do it"

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Snowyone

Nice looking ride and pipe.  My rb racing pipe is real similar in shape to yours but I have floorboards on my Softail and my leggings keep the pipe at the curve on the rear polished right up.  I have to use heat shields though or I would be a fireball on the R-leg.  With that HP and TQ that back rest must get good use.  Mine is in the 130 range and the first three cogs keep me busy hanging on.  Have fun!

gordonr

September 03, 2014, 03:08:39 PM #82 Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:21:52 PM by gordonr
 :kick:

ThumperDeuce

Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2014, 03:08:39 PM
I heard the weather was really bad out there and the bike had some piston issues but don't know how accurate the story is?

Is this a question about my build?

gordonr

Quote from: ThumperDeuce on September 03, 2014, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2014, 03:08:39 PM
I heard the weather was really bad out there and the bike had some piston issues but don't know how accurate the story is?

Is this a question about my build?

:oops: Of course not, this was to be posted in the "Bonneville 2014"  I will delete, apologies.

gordonr

Was your filter on when you performed your dyno?

ThumperDeuce

Quote from: gordonr on September 03, 2014, 04:26:56 PM
Was your filter on when you performed your dyno?

Yes with a custom made backing plate for the 62mm HPInc tb.  The plate is practically shaped like a velocity stack.  And an Exotx air filter.

kd

Do you have any info or preferably with pics on the breather and stack insert?
KD

ThumperDeuce