05 and 06 heads why ones better than the other

Started by hardyheadscom, March 16, 2009, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ederdelyi

Might be of interest to the "technologists" out there:

http://www.circletrack.com/enginetech/ctrp_0812_cylinder_head_flow_testing/index.html

I haven't actually got to play with one of these yet, but I know someone who will be getting the setup and they let me play with their toys if i ask nice :>) Could prove interesting, a heads up compare of pitot tube vs the valve data may prove a point I've often made ... the old adage of making a measurement can often introduce an error that must be accounted for. Anyway, read and enjoy, or not.

No "fishtalk" on General, the threads on there are "fishy" enough already :>)

hardyheadscom

>Hardy,  you saying you make the short side steeper,no wonder you get so much turbulence. <

Yep, I` bring it to the ragged edge with the stock HD heads.  When ya learn how to control the turbulence the reward is CFM. Every head varies a bit .

Without my flow bench I couldn`t  hit 150 cfm by .450 @10" using a 1.900 valve
hardy heads the best...boy I guess

POORBOY

Yep, I` bring it to the ragged edge with the stock HD heads.  When ya learn how to control the turbulence the reward is CFM. Every head varies a bit .

Without my flow bench I couldn`t  hit 150 cfm by .450 @10" using a 1.900 valve

Just pulled  one off the bench (08 head) with 1.940 valve,Radius cuts flowed 296@ 600 lift, used to go back and forth from bench to bench til I finally figured out how to get rid of the tuburlance, seems to be worst with Radius cuts for me,I gott"er now,  How come everything is so dam simple after you once figure it out.
Poorboy   Moonshine  TN

Don D

There is a way to maximize the port and obtain laminar flow

Poorboy
This is what you have effectively done