March 29, 2024, 02:04:31 AM

News:

Engine lamp on for 8 seconds, -03 VRSCA

Started by xlfan, November 03, 2014, 05:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlfan

Had a guy around with an engine lamp on for 8 seconds after the lit 4 sec startup sequence. According to EDM that  indicates historic DTC. Connected the Scanalyzer and got no historic codes, no present codes. Has anyone experienced this?

xlfan

rbabos

Quote from: xlfan on November 03, 2014, 05:50:25 AM
Had a guy around with an engine lamp on for 8 seconds after the lit 4 sec startup sequence. According to EDM that  indicates historic DTC. Connected the Scanalyzer and got no historic codes, no present codes. Has anyone experienced this?

xlfan
Generally the only thing that can produce and engine light and no code is a voltage drop below 10 or less. The drop isn't long enough to set a code, but the light will come on. Battery, connections, and the 3 grounds would be a good place to start. One on each head and one under engine near trans. Could also be anyone of the several connections too that might have corrosion and high resistance. Best I can come up with. These bikes are really electrical sensitive and the smaller battery of that vintage don't help much. :wink:
Ron

xlfan

That was actually tons more experience layed out than I was hoping for, regarding this rare bird for me!  :smile: Much appreciated  :beer:

xlfan

Panzer

I experienced the same thing two months ago on my 07 sporty, did exactly what you described.
It did it for about three weeks and I was getting concerned.
I took it to a house down at the shore 100 miles from home base and back.
Two days later I went for a ride again and the engine light acted normal.......on for 4-5 seconds and winked out, but I waited for it to come on again, it didn't.
Back to normal, so I figured the longer mileage rides did the trick.
To this day, it's back to normal.

You must have done something abnormal to the bike to have it act up........what was it?
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

rbabos is right on the money.  :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

xlfan

Quote from: Panzer on November 05, 2014, 04:12:58 PM

You must have done something abnormal to the bike to have it act up........what was it?
I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

According to the guy, it just started to act up, nothing done to bike, except rarely ridden. It still does light up.

xlfan

ScottyMoore

Read the DTCs with a updatet (new) Diagnosis System, such as Digital Technican (Harley OEM System), or, for example ATAL Diag4Bike, as i do.

You'l get deep enough to determine the DTC in the dept of the digital jungle.....and delete it.

Cheers SM
Rock 'n' Roll is good for you