May 09, 2024, 01:44:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SEPST desired lambda vs. real

Started by joe_lyons, October 30, 2014, 10:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_lyons

October 30, 2014, 10:30:12 AM Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 10:37:06 AM by joe_lyons
Some people may notice that the SEPST desired lambda doesn't match their Afr table exactly but all SEPST does is just round to the nearest number. Look at this example. This is from the same bike running on the dyno at the same rpm 1min from each other. This will only bee seen in the data viewer.  The true desired lambda is shown with the PV data viewer.

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

FLTRI

Quote from: joe_lyons on October 30, 2014, 10:30:12 AM
Some people may notice that the SEPST desired lambda doesn't match their Afr table exactly but all SEPST does is just round to the nearest number. Look at this example. This is from the same bike running on the dyno at the same rpm 1min from each other. This will only bee seen in the data viewer.  The true desired lambda is shown with the PV data viewer.

So many variables in the mix here that can alter data and results, most in the background, we can only guess.
That said there are folks who know but not sure if they want to share anymore. :nix:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

joe_lyons

.965 is what is in the lambda table at this rpm and manifold pressure.

ToBeFrank

Some people may notice that the SEPST desired lambda doesn't match their Afr table exactly but all SEPST does is just round to the nearest number.

You might take a look in the data file. It may just be their display code that is rounding it.

joe_lyons

Quote from: ToBeFrank on October 31, 2014, 04:33:48 PM
Some people may notice that the SEPST desired lambda doesn't match their Afr table exactly but all SEPST does is just round to the nearest number.

You might take a look in the data file. It may just be their display code that is rounding it.
That's what I was showing

ToBeFrank

Quote from: joe_lyons on October 31, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
Quote from: ToBeFrank on October 31, 2014, 04:33:48 PM

That's what I was showing

My bad. I thought you were saying the SEPST was rounding data in the logs. If anyone else is easily confused like me, the actual data in the log file is not rounded. For example, I have a log here that in the display shows AFR Desired as 1.0. The value in the data log is actually 0.975519996136427.

joe_lyons

ToBeFrank

You have a .hdx file that was produced when you data logged with the SEPST. That file contains the raw data values. They are not rounded. When the SEPST goes to display the data to you, it reads the .hdx file and says, "Oh, .97? That's 1.0" and displays it to you as such. The data in the .hdx file is still .97. Any tools that use the data from the .hdx file to do computations are using unrounded data.

To verify, open your .hdx file in a text editor (such as wordpad). Search for "d_af_ratio" and you'll see your unrounded lambda values.

joe_lyons

OK i was just talking about the live display.