May 09, 2024, 08:36:42 AM

News:

SE tuner advice

Started by wavlovr1, October 31, 2014, 01:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavlovr1

Bought my wife a 2009 HD Trike. It has Rinehart mufflers and stock cams and intake. It was A California Trike so it has cat in head pipe.
Fries the wife's foot and leg even though it is not running all that hot. I have an SE intake for it and plan to swap out the head pipe but know it will need more fuel.

I've tuned with Twinscan/wego and TTS on my bikes, but HD has a tuner for a lot less than $500. My question is "Will the SE tuner be adequate" to get enough fuel to a stage I trike?

Thanks, JB

joe_lyons

I think that you are talking about the Screamin Eagle Street tuner which I would not recommend.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

HV

Quote from: joe_lyons on October 31, 2014, 03:54:53 PM
I think that you are talking about the Screamin Eagle Street tuner which I would not recommend.

Agree   the STREET Tuner is a POS .......the Race tuner is great ...beware which one they want to sell you
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

wavlovr1

Thanks guys. I haven't kept up with TTS tuner threads. But what little I read made me think the newer (blue?) tuner would work on an 09  as a tuner and also could be used on a second 09 bike just to run Vtune more efficiently? Did I understand that correctly? (already have a black TTS married to my other bike also an 09)

also, can a Black TTS be sent in and traded for a two bike blue tuner still married to the original bike as one of the two?

KiwiRob

You're correct, the blue dongle can be used on your '09 bike for collecting data & VTuning etc. & the generated map programmed into your bike by using the black dongle. Not sure if new dongle is more efficient though. Flight recorder in the new dongle would be the only useful feature at this time until TTS3 is released. - Rob

wavlovr1