April 27, 2024, 12:28:26 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

14 FLHTK: Biketronics Pro vs. 7.1

Started by Rockrivr1, January 08, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprint07

Quote from: dforeid on January 10, 2015, 01:43:29 PM
Rockrvr - I forgot about the fact that your Limited is water cooled. Game changer there for the lowers possibly. Not sure if it is possible on yours.... UltraNutz would know how to do it if it even is possible though, I'm sure.

I have the 2014 Ultra NOT liquid cooled and the lowers, once CVO lowers altered, will accept speakers.

Bill at BT has said that they have found a way to get speakers in the liquid cooled Limited's at this point, yet!

2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Electra Glide Ultra

Sprint07

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 09, 2015, 04:13:20 PM
if you want it to be 100% plug n play with no cutting or tapping of wires, then yes you'll need to take your existing pod speaker wires, run them to the front for the rear input of the amp, then run new wires from the amp back to the pods.  That's a lot of trouble and unnecessary expense and wiring IMO.  Get you a pack of these positaps and tap the 4 wires on Pin 1,2,24,25 on the 35 pin connector on the back of the radio for your rear inputs.  Just leave your stock wiring exactly where it is and tape up the ends in the pods.  Then run you a new set of speaker wires back to the pods from the amp outputs.

NutZ, I took your advice and spoke to Bill at BT about two weeks ago, told him what I wanted to do, completely plug and play for me, I'm kinda a dummy when it comes to the nuts and bolts of wiring, but Bill strongly suggested that I purchase the VTwin harness and install it.  I understand what he is telling me, and I don't see any real additional work as you have to get under the gas tank and seat anyway, it can't be too hard to run that harness from VTwin since everything is open at this point???

FWIW, I am doing fairing, lowers and the rear pods on my bike.  My wife is a professional musician and she really likes having the "fill" coming from the pod speakers on the tourpak.  We found that out on my 09 Ultra Classic when I did fairing and lowers and did nothing with the pods.  The sound is awesome with all of it coming from the front, but she felt there was something missing.  Wired in the rear pods and she gave me a two thumbs up and loves the sound on that bike.  We still have and ride the 09 which is the reason for the push to update the sound on the 14.

Thanks for all the help!!

Pin 1 - Green - Right Rear +
Pin 2 - Brown - Left Rear +
Pin 24 - Green/Brown - Right Rear -
Pin 25 - Brown/White - Left Rear -
2009 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
2014 Electra Glide Ultra

CaptJaC

January 14, 2015, 11:53:27 AM #27 Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:40:44 PM by CaptJaC
On my 2014 FLHTK, I have BT 7.1 speakers with a BT2180 amp and a pair of magic boxes for my front sound and the rear pods are all OEM i.e. direct from HU no mods. 

If I get the 8 speaker no amp flash to eliminate the magic box, and install a pair of Kappas in the rear, will they sound OK without an amp? 

Sorry if this is the wrong forum seemed to sorta deal with  the topic. Also not trying to hijack the topic. 

JaC

2014 Ultra Limited-Charcoal Pearl/Brilliant Silver Pearl
USAF-Retired(1987-2011)