April 23, 2024, 01:41:58 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Amp pops on power down

Started by 04Glider2, January 09, 2015, 08:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

04Glider2

2004 Road Glide
Like the subject line says, I am getting a pop from the speakers when turning off the ignition.
Using Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 with 2 channels to 6.5 Polk Audio speakers in the stock location 2 channels to Polk Audio 6X9's in lower area of fairing facing in.
Using the speaker wires for the high input. Did not connect the "Remote Wire". 10Ga power wire fused and straight from battery, grounded to mounting plate with amp mounting bolt.
I called "Iron Cross Audio" to get the RCA outputs installed on the head unit, but they only do the newer HD head units.
I am happy with the sound and I when I called RF Tech Support the said some do that, it won't hurt anything. So far it hasn't hurt anything. Still bugs me though.
Any thoughts?
I posted some pics of the install here:
http://s1092.photobucket.com/user/04Glider2/media/New%20BIke%20Mods/04%20Road%20Glide%20Stereo%20Upgrade/Speaker1.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

UltraNutZ

Run a temp wire directly to your battery ground.  Disconnect your existing ground.

Let me know the outcome please
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

z71_fourwheelin

Were talkng about this in the thread labeled speakers amp... But my resolve was...My setup is now.... Amp grounded to battery. Amp casing grounded to frame and tied into amp battery ground.  Radio grounded to hawg wired interface and amp frame and frame.
Kw X598, SS 4.520, 4x MM651

04Glider2

Thanks,
I will try that and report back.

hdrolling

2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1