April 25, 2024, 06:57:33 AM

News:

BT4180 and Rushmore Bikes...

Started by Modes, January 09, 2015, 01:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modes

Was just reading the installation instructions for the BT4180.  Having installed the Rockford PBR and coming to the reality that the remote wire needed to be utilized, this would mean my speaker outputs are actually low level inputs?  Would I be able to simply splice RCA pigtails to my stock speaker outputs to make proper connection to the new amp without use of the supplied transformers?  What do you guys think about this?

Adam

UltraNutZ

ya know.. I thought about that myself but haven't had the time to test it out.  I do know this for fact.

On the 14 and up models, as they come from the factory, an added amp with the auto-turn-on function works perfectly fine.  What happens when they flash these bikes to 1 and 2 amps off and 2, 4, 8 speakers on is it disables that feature some way.  Being that most of these amps require a minimum of 150mV for that function to work and really that's the only basis for it to be able to function, it tells me whatever these flashes are doing is dropping that voltage.  Now the other side of that is simply the fact that because these flashes are being kept under lock and key by the dealers (mainly because most have no clue what they're doing with them) there is no way to try to look at the code of the files themselves.  What's embedded within your head units is not the entire flash file, simply a "piece" of it left behind for the head unit to know what to do with it.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Modes

Sounds like a little trial is in order. 

Adam

UltraNutZ

I just talked to Bill at BT about this since they've done extensive testing with the rushmore head units.  He's got a chart he'll be sending me so we can both look at to determine what's going on.  I would say don't do it at this point until we confirm because realistically speaking it might just toast your amp inputs.

The thing to remember with RCA inputs is they need to be a balanced input whereas speaker level inputs do not.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Modes

Good points.  Thank you.  Balanced was not in my thought process.

Adam