April 19, 2024, 08:48:58 PM

News:

Garage speakers

Started by IronMike113, January 10, 2015, 12:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMike113

I landed some speakers (Infinity SM152) very well used,but I got them for free,But are they any Good to get refurbished or do you throw them in  campfire when they finished,also got some MCS speakers,they are in a lot better shape,but they don't sound anything like the SM 152 speakers.

Just using this stuff in the Garage
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

UltraNutZ

The SM152 speakers were definitely a force to be reckoned with in their time.  Were there better speakers out then, of course there was.  If they're still functional with all speakers still in tact, you got yourself a helluva deal.  Is it just the cabinets that are in disarray?
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

IronMike113

They need to be refoam around the subs,the Cabinets can be cleaned up,one cuts out after awhile,but the whole speaker cuts out,they have a Breaker in back I haven't mess with them yet,to dam cold out but I will.........   :speaker:

UltraNutZ

could be the crossover network inside the cabinet causing it to cut out.  Since those subs are no longer available (at least being that old I wouldn't think they would be) you might be better off just replacing the subs with an equivalent replacement from some place like Parts Express.  http://www.parts-express.com/

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

IronMike113

Thanks for the Infor. UN ,when they are working I can't believe how Rich or full they sound,I chatted with a guy from Oak Tree Vintage,very knowledgeable guy,he also sent me some places that I could get parts for them,when you get time check their website out very cool stuff,I'm looking around my area to maybe send them in to for repair.............  :emoGroan:

speedzter

The foam surround kits are cheap.
It's not a really hard job, just a bit messy.
They may not look as pretty, but they will work as new.
The best method is to remove the dust caps, and use shims to center the voice coil, but you can do it the easier way,
and just do the foam.