April 27, 2024, 11:41:58 PM

News:

Upgrades shipped!

Started by hdrolling, January 10, 2015, 01:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltraNutZ

no kidding.  now that I finally got everything the way I like it  and it's been that way for a few months.. here comes Power Acoustik with a new amp, RZ4-3000D that appealing to my senses.. not released yet but I'm heavily thinking about it.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

UltraNutZ

that 4180 is too big to fit under that side cover.. Some of the smaller amps would but then you subject them to a lot of the environmental elements, at least a lot more than being in the fairing on in a bag.

hdrolling

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 13, 2015, 11:56:38 AM
that 4180 is too big to fit under that side cover.. Some of the smaller amps would but then you subject them to a lot of the environmental elements, at least a lot more than being in the fairing on in a bag.

I agree about it being too open to the environment under that cover. Since I don't have ABS and its empty under there I do use it to store a small slime brand air-compressor in a plastic case and it's always covered with road dust. No way I'd expose an expensive amp under there.
2010 FLHX 120R, Tman 662-2,Boarzilla, S&S lifters, AV&V springs,10.8:1

hdrolling

So I should have everything this weekend. Doing some more research it looks like at 2ohms the BT 4180 puts out around 250 watts RMS, So for eight speakers that's 125 watts RMS per at 2ohms. Getting anxious to see how the system will sound dropping 55w from each of the speakers I'm running now?

hdrolling

I'm still waiting for the paint to dry on my lower speaker pods but I did get around to installing the rear BT 7.1 tour pack pods today. Unfortunately they did not fit with my Harley passenger armrests so I had to remove them for know. They definitely hit the rear of my heated hammock seat, but it's not too bad. I was able to sit back there and not push down on the speaker pods so I know my wife won't have an issue.
Wired them to the rear saddlebag BT 6X9 speakers in parallel, they sound okay but having the rear four running at 2 ohm and the front two at 4 ohms does throw off the sound. It's not equal any more like it was when I was just running all the speakers at 4 ohms. I'm sure once I get the BT 6.5 lower speakers installed and wired up it will equal up the sound again, not sure how else to explain it? I should be done with the paint this weekend but I don't want to rush them.

UltraNutZ

just remember.. this is no different than tuning your bike when you change exhaust, cams, air cleaner.  when you change things up with ohms and power you have to re-adjust gains based on new calcs or by ear.

zeke383

Gain adjustment on a 4180 ??

UltraNutZ

Quote from: zeke383 on January 21, 2015, 04:35:05 PM
Gain adjustment on a 4180 ??

damnit man.. see I tell you guys all the time.. don't be afraid to question me.. I'm only human.. unless you ask my wife!   :hyst:

hdrolling

I can still make small adjustments with My Sony head unit, but knowing another set of speakers are going in next week I don't want to mess with anything. I will say that sitting in the garage with the tunes turned up they are all still very clear and really move some air. I can hold my hand about 6 inch's from any speaker and feel it on my hand.

ALUCARD19

January 21, 2015, 06:49:30 PM #34 Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:08:42 PM by ALUCARD19
Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 13, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
no kidding.  now that I finally got everything the way I like it  and it's been that way for a few months.. here comes Power Acoustik with a new amp, RZ4-3000D that appealing to my senses.. not released yet but I'm heavily thinking about it.

Nutz what about the new Soundstream Rubicon Nano RN4.1400D 175x4 at 2ohms the size is only 6.50"x1.50"x9.00" and all of the connections are on the leading edge and setting options are on top.
Any info on price and when it might be available.
It sounds like an amp to look into if priced right.

"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

ALUCARD19

[attach=0]

Nutz this is what it looks like
"A Hole is a Hole is a Hole",  Where Eagles Dare
         AMA Life Member #35524

Gannicus

That 6.50 width is going to be an issue in the fairing.  The TN4.900 is 6.875 and it doesn't come close to fitting.  :(

UltraNutZ

yeah I agree.   6.5" is going to be tough.  If someone brought me this amp and an TN4.900D, the 900D would be my choice.