April 23, 2024, 06:37:06 PM

News:

Just my luck

Started by dirtracin23, January 10, 2015, 05:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtracin23

Lookey HERE

Wouldn't you know it. Bought myself a RF T400X2ad amp for my audio upgrade and before I even get it all done and operational, they come out with a better mouse trap. Shouldn't have been so damn impatient and waited a couple months.

A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

tdgriff

I think we have all done that . My last cellphone I got . The next day they came out with a new model. I have found out if it works for me drew the new model.Don't have buyer's remorse.

dirtracin23

Well, after doing a bit more research, it seems the only difference between the two besides appearance/color is the TM400X2ad has 2 part marine epoxy on all circuit boards.

Since I don't think I'll be pulling any water skiers behind the old Hog in the foreseeable future, I think I'll be just fine.

I don't feel so bad now.    :baby:

UltraNutZ

Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 11, 2015, 01:43:28 AM
Well, after doing a bit more research, it seems the only difference between the two besides appearance/color is the TM400X2ad has 2 part marine epoxy on all circuit boards.

Since I don't think I'll be pulling any water skiers behind the old Hog in the foreseeable future, I think I'll be just fine.

so I talked to Bill's engineering team over at RF a few months ago when this came out and gave them my suggestions.

1. conformal coating
2. the adjustable controls need to be behind a moisture proof removeable cover

well I got 50% of what I asked for.  LOL
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

dirtracin23

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 11, 2015, 05:44:22 AM
Quote from: dirtracin23 on January 11, 2015, 01:43:28 AM

so I talked to Bill's engineering team over at RF a few months ago when this came out and gave them my suggestions.

1. conformal coating
2. the adjustable controls need to be behind a moisture proof removeable cover

well I got 50% of what I asked for.  LOL

I guess 50% is better than nothing.

Tell your wife this cup is 1/2 full.   :teeth: