March 29, 2024, 07:54:17 AM

News:

usb memory stick

Started by tdgriff, January 12, 2015, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdgriff

Well I am out of town for work. I just got off the phone with my buddy we installed the same system I have to a T. I was on the phone with him for a hour before I found out what it was. He thought he blew a speaker left side front and rear. We went threw ever thing I could think of. For some reason when he uses the stick some times it sounds like he blew a speaker. I had him try a cd and it sounds great . It only happens with the memory stick. What could it be.? I don know much about them at all I use one in my bike as well. He coped mine song for song. AAWAV made fun of me when me found out I ha a 64 GB stick with only 80 some songs on I. If I remember right he asked me if I just drove around my neighborhood all the time. LOL I had no clue how much 64 GB was. So that being said I really don know mush about them at all or how to check to see what I am doing wrong.

UltraNutZ

your buddy might need to copy his music back off the stick to his computer.. then format the stick... then put the music back on it.  if that don't work, get another stick..
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 12, 2015, 05:42:30 PM
your buddy might need to copy his music back off the stick to his computer.. then format the stick... then put the music back on it.  if that don't work, get another stick..
Well I left this out did even think about it. He ran over to my house and put in my truck and it did the same thing. I told him to get the one out of my bike that we copied it from and it did the same thing. I use iTunes just because its the only way I know how. So is it the music or the way I am down loading it. I have it in fat 47 I think it is? Do they have a place so send your music that they can do it for you? Or am I over analyzing it ? I really need a step by step to do it still learning. I use a Toshiba lab top would that make a difference ? I have had a lot of problems with this.

UltraNutZ

so does the one from your bike do the same thing in your truck but works fine in your bike?

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 12, 2015, 05:59:52 PM
so does the one from your bike do the same thing in your truck but works fine in your bike?
He said when he hooked back on my bike and turned it on he said it started doing it . But not every song just about 10 or so. I don't remember that from this summer but I did add some songs.

UltraNutZ

hmm.. that would lead to me to 1 of 2 conclusions.

• that the music on the original stick was bad to begin with or
  • that the USB device he's plugging the stick into on his bike is bad and corrupting what's on the stick.  I have seen this happen with software and files on a USB stick.  Can't say I've ever seen it with audio files though.  :scratch:

tdgriff

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 12, 2015, 06:06:57 PM
hmm.. that would lead to me to 1 of 2 conclusions.

• that the music on the original stick was bad to begin with or
  • that the USB device he's plugging the stick into on his bike is bad and corrupting what's on the stick.  I have seen this happen with software and files on a USB stick.  Can't say I've ever seen it with audio files though.  :scratch:
Well thank you my friend . I guess I will have to look into it more. I have to say you look good in your new home.

tdgriff

Well had him delete the memory stick format the stick and he put the music back on it from the labtop its still doing the same thing he used 2 different sticks. So is it the music.

Coyote

I've seen that before when the MP3 file is corrupted.

tdgriff

Quote from: Coyote on January 13, 2015, 07:14:49 AM
I've seen that before when the MP3 file is corrupted.
Did it sound like you blew your speakers?

Coyote

Yes it can. In fact, the stick I have in my truck right now has a few songs like that on it. I don't think MP3 files have any real error checking. Once corrupted, they will still try to play, just messed up.

Coyote

AAWAV

late to the game  :embarrassed:

yep - looks like bad MP3's - one of the reasons to run them through MP3Gain...
Ihave a TON of music and I have seen several bad, hugely clipping files. just delete them and get other ones (no suggestions here on how).
Also, as you probably know, bring down the Gain on the MP3s bia MP3Gain. I use 93DB (good compromise between volume and clipping reduction...)

clipping (aka distortion) is the most common speaker killer IMHO. it will - SIMPLIFIED! - send square waves to a speaker. that means NOT GOOD. so a heavily clipping amp is not good either (Gains too high)...

Speakers in a setup are 50% (or more) of your sound quality BTW...
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

tdgriff

Quote from: AAWAV on January 13, 2015, 11:19:46 AM
late to the game  :embarrassed:

yep - looks like bad MP3's - one of the reasons to run them through MP3Gain...
Ihave a TON of music and I have seen several bad, hugely clipping files. just delete them and get other ones (no suggestions here on how).
Also, as you probably know, bring down the Gain on the MP3s bia MP3Gain. I use 93DB (good compromise between volume and clipping reduction...)

clipping (aka distortion) is the most common speaker killer IMHO. it will - SIMPLIFIED! - send square waves to a speaker. that means NOT GOOD. so a heavily clipping amp is not good either (Gains too high)...

Speakers in a setup are 50% (or more) of your sound quality BTW...
I will give this a try. So If I think I am getting this right down load that thing then my music will automatically change? Thanks bro I knew sooner or later you would come to help.like I said I don't know anything about computer files or any of that stuff. I'm getting there slowly though. Thanks again

zukeepr

Hey Griff, how much do you know about the Kremlin? Lol...
I'm hoping since I downloaded off of iTunes and amazon I'm not going to have this problem. Also some after market h/u makers will tell you not to us over 32gb stick.
Lead,follow, or stay on the porch

tdgriff

Quote from: zukeepr on January 13, 2015, 06:16:22 PM
Hey Griff, how much do you know about the Kremlin? Lol...
I'm hoping since I downloaded off of iTunes and amazon I'm not going to have this problem. Also some after market h/u makers will tell you not to us over 32gb stick.
Hell good to see you . I use ITunes all the time or a CD . I will have to wait until I get back in town to see what's going on with them I forgot my laptop .

Makdaddy

January 15, 2015, 06:58:34 AM #17 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:39:46 AM by Makdaddy
most music players only play fat 32

If you reformat the stick in win7 of vista it will format larger USB like the 64 to exfat by default
Most players wont read that

I use Rufus

https://4sysops.com/archives/free-rufus-a-better-windows-7-usb-tool/

https://rufus.akeo.ie/
2010 Ultra

tdgriff

Quote from: Makdaddy on January 15, 2015, 06:58:34 AM

If you reformat the stick in win7 of vista it will format larger USB like the 64 to exfat by default

I use Rufus

I will double check that.

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Quote from: Makdaddy on January 15, 2015, 06:58:34 AM

I use Rufus

Great info!!

I just checked my 64 gig Usb and it was exfat format.
I downloaded the Rufus and converted both to FAT32.........thanks for the info and insight!!
Member since 2004

Makdaddy

2010 Ultra

tdgriff

Well I got home today and I plugged in my memory stick in the bike did not seem loud at all so I plugged it into my truck well I decided to move speakers from left to right . what I found you is I have a lot of sound coming out of the right speaker but not the left. I tried a lot of different songs same thing . I put a CD in and it sounded great. So I am guessing this has been my problem the hole time and why you guys must think I am a dumb ass for asking for help all the time. So know what could it be ? I have a feeling its me doing something wrong. So this whole damn time I've been wasting your guys time. Now I found the problem how do I fix it ? Thanks guys

Coyote

Put the stick in a PC and play. See if you still have the problem. I doubt it is the memory. Either the ripping of the songs or the HU I'd guess.

tdgriff

Quote from: Coyote on January 16, 2015, 03:52:44 PM
Put the stick in a PC and play. See if you still have the problem. I doubt it is the memory. Either the ripping of the songs or the HU I'd guess.
OK I put in the PC and sounds better . My truck is a 2010 ford f150 it sounds like crap in that truck. It sounds better on the bike. Would a hu really be the problem? I just figured if it had a USB port built in it would be fine. My buddy's bike it sounds worse. I just don't get technology.

dirtracin23

Quote from: tdgriff on January 16, 2015, 04:43:10 PM
Quote from: Coyote on January 16, 2015, 03:52:44 PM
OK I put in the PC and sounds better . My truck is a 2010 ford f150 it sounds like crap in that truck. It sounds better on the bike. Would a hu really be the problem? I just figured if it had a USB port built in it would be fine. My buddy's bike it sounds worse. I just don't get technology.

Me neither.

Could be because we work in an industry that has basically used the same "technology" for over a 100 years.    :oil:
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?