April 27, 2024, 10:31:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

arc audio speakers ?

Started by JTS131, January 15, 2015, 03:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTS131

January 15, 2015, 03:45:39 PM Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:48:14 PM by JTS131
I'm thinking about buying arc audio moto 6.5 speakers and amp. any feedback would be appreciated.

Gannicus

IMO the arc Moto speakers are overpriced and don't have very good specs. More importantly there are cheaper speakers that sound better. You would be money ahead going with the Biketronic's  BT7.1 speakers. The Arc amp is a nice little amp but it is overpriced as well. No bang for the buck.  You can do better for less. My .02

Little Mike

Some additional info will help everyone with their suggestions. What year and model of bike is this for and what are you currently running for audio are a couple of the most important. Usually we also ask what your budget is but if you're looking at that combo yours is ahead of where most guys start. Just based on what you're looking at I'll ask if you've looked into the BT2180 amp and 6.5 speaker package from Biketronics? Lifetime warranty, great service, quality products, and at first blush looks like it may save you a c-note or more.
I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Little Mike

Gann, looks like we were typing at the same time, lol.

hrdtail78

Semper Fi

Gannicus

If we are talking about the KS 125.4 mini it only produces 75 watts @ 4 ohms. for close to $500 bucks?  The two channel is even worse @ 70 watts @ 4 ohms for close to $400 bucks.  Again, just not enough bang for the buck.

Gannicus

Quote from: Little Mike on January 15, 2015, 05:09:27 PM
Some additional info will help everyone with their suggestions. What year and model of bike is this for and what are you currently running for audio are a couple of the most important. Usually we also ask what your budget is but if you're looking at that combo yours is ahead of where most guys start. Just based on what you're looking at I'll ask if you've looked into the BT2180 amp and 6.5 speaker package from Biketronics? Lifetime warranty, great service, quality products, and at first blush looks like it may save you a c-note or more.

LOL. . . Great minds think alike  :wink:

JTS131

January 15, 2015, 06:30:06 PM #7 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 06:36:32 PM by JTS131
There bike is a 2011 FLHTP that I installed a factory HK head unit in. Looking to upgrade speakers and add a amp. thx for the info guys, any info I can get will be appreciated!

Little Mike

Quote from: JTS131 on January 15, 2015, 06:30:06 PM
There bike is a 2011 FLHTP that I installed a factory HK head unit in. Looking to upgrade speakers and add a amp. thx for the info guys, any info I can get will be appreciated!

You're off on the right foot. Continue to ask plenty of questions and shop around. As Gannicus has said there are other options out there that will give you more bang for your buck.....many of them for fewer $$. Oh, another question for you. Are you looking to stick with a plug & play system? If not don't limit yourself to just the things that come up when searching "motorcycle audio". There are several aftermarket speakers that will fill the bill that don't market themselves to motorcycle use.

Eglider05

hrdtail78

Quote from: Gannicus on January 15, 2015, 05:38:20 PM
If we are talking about the KS 125.4 mini it only produces 75 watts @ 4 ohms. for close to $500 bucks?  The two channel is even worse @ 70 watts @ 4 ohms for close to $400 bucks.  Again, just not enough bang for the buck.

Thanks for the reply.
Semper Fi

UltraNutZ

Quote from: Gannicus on January 15, 2015, 05:07:36 PM
IMO the arc Moto speakers are overpriced and don't have very good specs. More importantly there are cheaper speakers that sound better. You would be money ahead going with the Biketronic's  BT7.1 speakers. The Arc amp is a nice little amp but it is overpriced as well. No bang for the buck.  You can do better for less. My .02

in addition they sound like crap.. I like the Arc amps but the speakers, ah.. not so great.. Can't tell you how many of those I've pulled and per owners requests tossed in trash.  They didn't even want to bother selling them.

Don't let the specs fool ya on that amp either Gann.  I really like them for power.  I've got a 125.2 here if you and AA want to test it.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Gannicus

Yes Sir Nutz I absolutely agree. I know a lot of guys run that amp with the K-series focals from soundz customz and they rock! No doubt about it! But I can put a sound stream 520.D or a PA on those same speakers for $200 less and it will sound just as good if not better.  One thing about the Arc is I'm pretty sure it's very close to it's rated power. But we can test it if AAWAV leaves his fairing off long enough! LOL