April 23, 2024, 02:42:32 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Sound system

Started by ST40, January 13, 2015, 11:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ST40

I'm gonna mount some kind of handlebar speakers on my Heritage Classic.  Any good options other than HD's set up? Which electronic music/radio device works best?    Thanks     Marty
Marty

UltraNutZ

ST40, there are a few out there.. Shark Motorcycle Audio, J&M has a handlebar setup as well.  When I bought my 06 Roadking I bought that little J&M setup and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed for being what it is.  I don't know anything about the Shark Audio stuff but looks cheap to me.  I did hear one on a table top display at a rally somewhere last year.. Wasn't half bad..

Shark Audio

J&M
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Coyote

Back when I had my 01 Heritage, I made my own setup. Used an amp in the saddle bag. For speakers I picked up two passing lamp housings/mounts and trimmed down some aftermarket speakers to fit in it. Used a tank pouch for my MP3 player and I was set. There were not many choices back then.

dirtracin23

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 13, 2015, 03:48:58 PM
ST40, there are a few out there.. Shark Motorcycle Audio, J&M has a handlebar setup as well.  When I bought my 06 Roadking I bought that little J&M setup and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed for being what it is.  I don't know anything about the Shark Audio stuff but looks cheap to me.  I did hear one on a table top display at a rally somewhere last year.. Wasn't half bad..

Shark Audio

J&M

:emoGroan:
You know it pains us that migrated over here to see that one link right?   :bike:
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

UltraNutZ

yeah I know.. but the bottom line is.. I'm the bigger person and I'll give credit where credit is due.   :sheep:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

dirtracin23

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 13, 2015, 04:54:09 PM
yeah I know.. but the bottom line is.. I'm the bigger person and I'll give credit where credit is due.   :sheep:

Just giving ya  :turd:   

:wink:
A cold beer, a hot woman, and a fast Harley
What else could a man possibly need?

FLORIDAPOOLBOY

Quote from: UltraNutZ on January 13, 2015, 03:48:58 PM

Shark Audio

J&M

I bought the JM MHAS 2008 speakers based on Ultranutz recommendation and they sound pretty good!  Not in the same league as my old Streetglide system, but not bad.  They will do...for now!

FLORIDAPOOLBOY

January 13, 2015, 05:18:14 PM #7 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:25:07 PM by FLORIDAPOOLBOY
Here's a picture, I'm using a Sansa Zip+ MP3 for my source, held on with a piece of velcro.

Brew61

Quite a few years back I went with a Handle bar system for a V-Star I was riding and bought it through a site called motorcycle tunes

It was pretty good for a Handle Bar stereo. I was impressed with the sound. I know a few others that decided to go with them as well and they were also happy campers. I am sure over the years they have improved their product line as well so I would take a look and see what they have to offer. I transferred it over to my RK when I bought that and ran it on there for another year before I decided to go with a full fairing.

Picture on V-Star

Picture on RK

Bruce
2004 Road King, 110 with S&S 585 Easy Start Cams,HPI 55 mm Thr

ST40

Looks like I'm getting good info!  I'm still pretty challenged with this stuff.  For me, cassette tapes are still high tech.     Thanks     Marty
Marty