MegaLogViewer HD has a new feature

Started by whittlebeast, January 15, 2015, 01:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whittlebeast

Just for fun.....

Here is a BIG log off a modern MAF fueled motor.  This motor was logging a 40 hz running a HPTuners logger.  Check out the difference if the motor was controlled with a MAF compared to controlling it with a MAPxRPM based fueling.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/MAPxRPM%20Fueling%2001.png

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/MAF%20Fueling%2001.png

Have fun tuning

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

joe_lyons

Andy how can I import the X & Y axis data from tune?  It shows the button here but IDK where to load it at or if it will even load harley based tune files.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

whittlebeast

Joe, that feature works for one of the many other tuning software packages MLV HD works with.  Unfortunately it does not work with any of the common Harley options.

Andy

whittlebeast

Joe, you need to add a filter for the scatter plots

PW Equals 0   and make that

[PW Front] < 1 or [PW Rear] < 1

The names in the brackets need to be exactly as they are in you PV Logs.

If you want to try to get tricky

[PW Front] < 1 or [PW Rear] < 1 or [PW Front-1] < 1 or [PW Rear-1] < 1 or [PW Front-2] < 1 or [PW Rear-2] < 1

That also takes the record back 1 or 2 records

Turn that filter on and off in scatter plots and the trailing throttle (in a down shift) will come and go.

Andy

joe_lyons

Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

whittlebeast

For a Power Vision log, the formula works out to...

[INJ PW F] < 1 or [INJ PW R] < 1 or [INJ PW F-1] < 1 or [INJ PW R-1] < 1 or [INJ PW F-2] < 1 or [INJ PW R-2] < 1

whittlebeast

Here is how you would write a filter to throw out data when the AFR is out of range.  For example, some AFRs report the AFR as say 5000 when in reality, you really don't want to see this data and you surly do not want this data in AFR averages.

create a field named.....

AFR Out of Range

and make the formula....

[AFR Front] > 18.5 or [AFR Front] < 11 or [AFR Rear] > 18.5 or [AFR Rear] < 11

This would throw out all data when either AFR exceeds 18.5 or is less than 11.

Andy

FL-HX2

Hello,

I just have a question:
I am quite impressed with the features of MegaLogViewer - is there any possibility of viusalizing .hdx - Recording files recorded with the SESTP?

Thanks a lot for your answers in advance,

Dieter

whittlebeast

Email the developer.  A request and a sample file.  I know he is considering it.  The more requests he gets, the more likely he will take the time.

Andy

a2wheeler

I downloaded the HD version for a free look at it. But it will not read my DM3 files. I also can't find an email address to ask questions.

whittlebeast

The email there is support@efianalytics.com

Right now you need to use the export utility in Data Master to create a CSV file.  That file will open right up.  Email the original DM3 file and the exported CSV file and ask them to look into creating a custom loader for DM3 files.

Andy

a2wheeler

March 28, 2015, 10:42:45 PM #136 Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:06:15 PM by a2wheeler
seems odd as the website says it supports dm3 in native state. I'm guessing what you are saying is the free version does not. I'll give it a try. And I'll send a message to them.

edit - thanks for the email address. I did find it on their website - in the About section.

CSV works but a limit of 400 records with free version.

whittlebeast

Quote from: a2wheeler on March 28, 2015, 10:42:45 PM
seems odd as the website says it supports dm3 in native state. I'm guessing what you are saying is the free version does not. I'll give it a try. And I'll send a message to them.

edit - thanks for the email address. I did find it on their website - in the About section.

CSV works but a limit of 400 records with free version.

As I recall it does work with early DM3 files but at some point, the layout changed.  I think, with the MT9 generated files.

They just need to remap the fields.

Andy

jamn

Quote from: whittlebeast on February 22, 2015, 07:04:24 AM
Here is the entire 350000 records data log rolled into an average AFR for each tuning cell.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Harley%20Engine%20Trace%202%20Histogram.png

Andy

Andy

How do you display Average AFR per cell? Is there a formula to insert into MLV?

whittlebeast

The 4th tab is histogram,  that is the average of Z field all the times that the X and Y conditions were met.

Is that what you are asking?

Sarhan

Andy

The AFR format did not work, i think because its shows as AFR1 & AFR2 in PV log, I have created the AFR1 and tried to combined both in same format that you showed but also did not work, I create AFR1 separate but it did not work with AFR2 same format??     

whittlebeast

I have run into that.

Submit the log and what you are trying to do to  support@efianalytics.com

Andy

jamn

Quote from: whittlebeast on April 13, 2015, 06:41:55 PM
The 4th tab is histogram,  that is the average of Z field all the times that the X and Y conditions were met.

Is that what you are asking?

Oh, I see. I thought the AFR1 was a calculated field you were using to gain the average per cell.

Thanks

whittlebeast

In MLV HD the field [AFR1] would be the current value of AFR1

[AFR1-2] Would be the value of AFR1 two records back

[AFR1+2] would be the AFR two records ahead.  It is possible to use these for writing a custom averaging formula.

Look under the help file for "smoothing" for some built in formulas for this sort of thing.

Andy

jamn

whittlebeast

April 21, 2015, 04:48:46 AM #145 Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 04:53:55 AM by whittlebeast
There has been a discussion on a different thread regarding Acceleration Enrichment and Decel Enleanment and how it is triggered.  Here is AE and DE graphed from a TTS system.  A positive MapDot is when the MAP is climbing.  A negative MapDot happens when the MAP is falling like when the throttle is snapped closed.

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Harley_AE3.png

The yellow lines indicate when the code is showing when AE or DE is active.

At the bottom is the o2 sensor. This is 10 sec worth of data as seen at the bottom of the screen.

Also see http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/Harley_AE2.png to see what the injectors do in response to this stuff.

Have fun tuning

Andy

whittlebeast

When you play with this stuff with more adjustable software packages, you will find that TPSdot or rate of change of TPS tends to be better at predicting AE and DE.   MAPdot tends to be better at quantifying the amount of AE/DE that is required.

Google X-Tau to get more information on this sort of thing.

Andy

whittlebeast

May 01, 2015, 07:15:44 PM #147 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:50:52 PM by whittlebeast
<<<<<   Geek Alert  >>>>>>>>>>

For the people that are trying to get their head around all this autotune/data stuff here is how the O2 data relates.

If you create in MegaLogViewer HD a field named

VE New Calced

and define that field as

([Front AFF]*[Front CLI]*[VE Front])/10000

and then plot that new field over the top of  the VE New Front field that is in the Power Vision logs you get

http://www.nbs-stl.com/HarleyTuning/VE%20New%20Calc.png

Notice how the VE New Front tracks almost exactly with the new calculated field.

Andy

glens

Yeah?  It'd probably track even closer if the data fields didn't get replicated / out-of-time-sync with each other.

I believe the tuning-from-log-files really needs some particular filtering mechanisms in place to be most useful.

At any rate, I thought that cipherin' was kind of common knowledge.