April 18, 2024, 11:47:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

We need to talk to SoundStream/Power Akoustic/PPI...

Started by AAWAV, January 16, 2015, 07:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAWAV

we need the 4.900 (no PA version but SS and PPI have it), but then with
a. all connections on the long side
b. stay within 2" x "5.75-6" x ~10-11"
c. 4 x ~200-225W at 2ohm
d. stick at <= ~200 bucks

Then they should be selling a BUD load of them to HD owners...
no offense to BT - great stuff, but different price range (but then again LIFETIME warranty)...
above dimensions would allow - at least for Batwings - to stick the amp in the fairing.

That is the only reason - not fitting in batwing - I do not buy one... oh, perhaps wife too :crook:
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic

Blackpearl#1

I agree. I have purchased everything for my 2nd generation updates, except the amp. I am in the holding pattern for a month or so yet because this may be happening right now and we just don't know it yet. Otherwise it's going to be the RZ 4.
Kris

UltraNutZ

I guess I'm still hung over from this 3-day corporate convention but I'm a little clueless as to what's being said here.. Fill me in AAWAV..

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Blackpearl#1

I'll let him chime in but pretty sure he's simply saying if there was a 4.900 that fit in the fairing, we'd all want or buy it.
Kris

UltraNutZ

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

AAWAV

Nutz. Kris is right. 4.900 modified so it fits in the fairing and all connectors on 1 side. The long one. Dial in stuff can be on the top like the rf TX series. I just tested that one... the 2 channel. RF use as usual pretty much dead on... throwing a lot of watts. At clipping on amp indicator playing 2pac with deep base it only pulled not even 10A to 2 ohm speakers...Write up will follow. Next one is bt4180
'99 Fatboy & '13 SG (DECKED OUT) - Audio Fanatic