April 23, 2024, 03:16:16 AM

News:

need help with Apple Carplay

Started by RVN73, April 14, 2024, 10:38:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVN73

I'm new to all this technology stuff. I just picked up a 2022 limited. When I plug in my iPhone, yes that's new to me too, I get music, maps and text. I cannot get phone calls. I don't plan on talking on the phone much, but I am going to be on the road for a month. If my wife needs to contact me it would be nice. I am also the kind of guy that thinks if it's on their it should work. 

rigidthumper

You need a wired headset, or the HD WHIM & wireless headset, found here:  LINK
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

RVN73

I am running the wired headset that came with the bike. Music from my phone sounds good. My wife has texted me and I can listen to her text. I can reply by voice to her. I can hear map directions all through the wired headset. I just cant do phone calls. if I say Hey Seri call home it will call the house. We just can't hear anything on either end. It just seems weird to me. 

FloridaJim5

It might be a good idea to check for a software update for your GTS radio.  I've updated mine a couple of times.  You can download it yourself at home on a USB drive and plug it up to your system to update it. 

RVN73

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Can't hurt.

RVN73

problem solved. I had the phone set to go directly to speaker. I changed it back to normal and it worked.