April 27, 2024, 06:38:41 AM

News:

Show Those Evo's

Started by Rodney_C, March 21, 2009, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Als78fxe and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

chopthatride

Quote from: smutley on March 23, 2009, 02:39:20 AM

some one explains how to get pix on here now i'll show mine but  cant get it to stay no matter what i try

smutley

make sure that the pics you are trying to upload are not larger than 350MB

SixShooter14

After some small changes this winter...

'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

wfowill

Here's mine, had it almost 20 years.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

jojojeep1

[attach=1]   91 softail 13,800 org miles

Piston Broke

Anyone in Texas near Wichita Falls?

I was looking for something else and came up over this. Looks like it has just about everything done to it that you'd want to do to one.

Harley 96' EVO FLHTC for $7,500

Usual caveats apply.

Hossamania

Quote from: Piston Broke on June 06, 2016, 01:26:18 PM
Anyone in Texas near Wichita Falls?

I was looking for something else and came up over this. Looks like it has just about everything done to it that you'd want to do to one.

Harley 96' EVO FLHTC for $7,500

Usual caveats apply.

Good looking bike for a good price, but...
'96 were already head breathers, i believe, no need for a conversion.
Also says 2000 swingarm with 1" axles, but that year was not 1".
No mileage listed, either.
Just a few observations.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

turboprop

The TC softail swingarm bolts right in to an EVO softail frame and was sort of a common upgrade a few years ago. 
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Hossamania

Quote from: turboprop on June 06, 2016, 05:45:58 PM
The TC softail swingarm bolts right in to an EVO softail frame and was sort of a common upgrade a few years ago.

If you are referring to my post above, not a Softail.

turboprop

Quote from: Hossamania on June 06, 2016, 06:32:21 PM

Same thing applies to the FL frames, Evo and early TC, the 2002 -2007 arm is almost a direct replacement. Just need adapter bushings and it bolts right in. Also a somewhat common upgrade on older FLs and FXRs.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

Hossamania

Quote from: turboprop on June 06, 2016, 06:57:15 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on June 06, 2016, 06:32:21 PM

Same thing applies to the FL frames, Evo and early TC, the 2002 -2007 arm is almost a direct replacement. Just need adapter bushings and it bolts right in. Also a somewhat common upgrade on older FLs and FXRs.

Agreed. I was just commenting on the ad, that stated a 2000 swingarm with one inch axles. 2000 didn't have one inch axles.

Piston Broke

June 07, 2016, 11:59:20 AM #85 Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:07:45 PM by Piston Broke
I guess that is the clue ... "built by a mechanic" ... as in the guy who owns it did not do it.

Wheels, calipers, fork legs are all typical of the 1" upgrades.

May be he stuck vents in the rocker covers, or he means the SE air filter plate!? I don't know ... but, by the parts list, it's a well sorted out Evo; Woods carb and cam, high comp pistons, upgraded brakes, 6 speed etc ... I think the seller does not know what he's selling too.

Pingel fuel tap, Bassanis and a bigger Woods air filter too by the looks of it. All stuff you'd buy if you had one.

Hossamania

I have to agree, it looks sorted out.

JohnFlorida

Heres my 97 heritage. [attach=0]

Pete_Vit

93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

85fxst

[attach=0]

My First Harley, 1985 FXST.  Acquired from a good friend after his father passed 9 months ago.  Put about 500 miles on her, so far, definitely been dealing with necessary repairs.  I'm getting an education but will surely need some assistance as I work the bugs out.  Currently working on the shifter pawl, kickstart assembley and replacing the clutch and inner clutch hub.  She's a beauty though!!

phatboy1965

NickC

1997 Road King
Screamin Eagle heads,  10 1/2 -1 wiseco pistons,  jims roller rockers ,  powerhouse viper 560 cam,  S&S Super G,  3.50 gearing, thunderheader
[attach=0] [attach=1]

Pete_Vit

Quote from: NickC on June 22, 2017, 10:29:20 AM
1997 Road King
Screamin Eagle heads,  10 1/2 -1 wiseco pistons,  jims roller rockers ,  powerhouse viper 560 cam,  S&S Super G,  3.50 gearing, thunderheader
[attach=0] [attach=1]
Nice  :up: Clean ride

NickC

Thanks Pete It only has 23,000 miles on it and about 400 on the fresh rebuilt motor. lost the rod bearings last fall

Pete_Vit

:up: wow - like my 96 Springer, only had 7500 on it in 04 when I picked it up - enjoy the He$$ out of it  :SM:

MARCE

Hossamania

Hmm, that area looks a little familiar! From our trip last year.
Your scoot looks really good. Kept in nice shape.

[attach=0]

MARCE

October 12, 2017, 08:37:26 AM #97 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:43:38 AM by MARCE
Yes that is Giau Pass! You"'re right. Actually my bike is by my mechanic cause the 13th of June I had an accident. Nothing too serious but I still have to have it back. Yes it's in great shape, thanks.

Hossamania

That is too long to be without a bike. Hope you weren't hurt too badly.

MARCE

My mechanic is usually very slow. This time he had some personal problem, so it took 4 months to do nothing on my bike... I'm angry, I discussed with him badly last weekend. My summer season was completely gone. I'm so angry...