May 08, 2024, 08:47:33 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Data & Map

Started by Mirrmu, March 13, 2015, 03:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirrmu

this a log from yesterday, got a little knock when hit throttle real quick which will have a look at the VE and timing in that area

not real good with calculated fields etc in MLVHD, so have a look at it

https://app.box.com/s/0xz3ayux4gl7pkzknliz212uubu4s1qf

this the PV map,

https://app.box.com/s/x5c6r2kjpt665zm23w7t0n8iogwf09db

get a little bit of burble/pop at decel at 2100-2400rpm, minor but may adjust a little

thanks

whittlebeast

How did you tune this thing?  Whoever or however you did it, it is a fairly tight tune.  Nice job.

Regarding the detonation, the ECU is reporting very little.

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

whittlebeast

Now the bad news, your intake air temps are going up to 158 degrees F on an 80 degree day.  My Harley Heavy Breather would be about 55 degrees cooler.  That is huge.

Running down the road the temps are averaging 120 degrees F

Andy

whittlebeast

I just noticed you are from Oz.  And I went to all that trouble to convert to degrees F   :emoGroan:   :teeth:

Mirrmu

thanks Andy, its an "internet map" hehehe supplied by a member a while ago (thanks Mac), have made some minor changes to timing and VE in a couple of areas where some knock was happening

it just gets a little bit of knock (2-4 degrees) when I hit the throttle quick and hard up a hill, so when TP goes from say 15 to 30-40 quickly 

i done an autotune a few times, was hitting 125-126 VE in a few spots so i increased displacement to 107 in winPV and dropped VE on both cyclinders by 5% globally, i reckon the rear cylinder could still have an increase in the VE as spark plug on the lean side I feel

i try and do the changes in stages so I dont get bogged down on the whole map,

overall bike runs well

rbabos

March 13, 2015, 06:08:52 PM #5 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:11:00 PM by rbabos
Quote from: whittlebeast on March 13, 2015, 05:35:47 PM
Now the bad news, your intake air temps are going up to 158 degrees F on an 80 degree day.  My Harley Heavy Breather would be about 55 degrees cooler.  That is huge.

Running down the road the temps are averaging 120 degrees F

Andy
Hell I've logged 180 IAT on heat soaked shutdowns before and never seen temps much below 120 running down the road. Just the nature of the bitch when it's shoved in the tb behind a cyl throwing heat on it or baking between the two cyls on a shutdown. 120 +/- sounds about right if I recall correctly. I've never seen the intake air drop the temp even close to ambient on my big twin.
Ron

whittlebeast

March 13, 2015, 06:14:01 PM #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:29:02 PM by whittlebeast
You can try to lean up the midrange some if you want to save a little fuel.  Do that on the target AFR table.  Say 50 KPA and lower.  Target AFR of around 14.5 or so.  You will see the o2s get a little more active on the highway/freeway/interstate/motorway.  Sorry but I don't recall what you Oz guys call it.   :hug:   :teeth:

G'Day Mate

whittlebeast

My Oz mate confirms "Motorway".  A pro racer out of Sydney.

Andy

Mirrmu

Yeah motorway or freeway, up to fine tuning WOT now, will autotune it and then see what changes it makes and copy/paste if results are good

Thats the one area where a dyno be handy, out on the open road taking bike up to 180-200km/hr, always thinking the police siren gonna go off one day hehehehehe, get a lift home at those speeds

whittlebeast

Your MAPxRPM vs Duty Cycle looks fine up high.  And your 02s never swing lean up there.  You are great in the area of the motor you use.  If you want to, just run it up there in first and second a few and verify that things stay in line.  At that data rate, it may take a few passes to get repeatable data.  Go ride and have a great time.

Note that neither of us have any idea what this motor would do at 7500 RPM but who cares.  You are never there anyway.

My answer is very different for the race jetskis as 1/2 the time you ride is on the bitter edge of disaster.  We tune them at evey 10 KPA X 200 RPM bin spacing.

Andy

whittlebeast

Quote from: rbabos on March 13, 2015, 06:08:52 PM
Hell I've logged 180 IAT on heat soaked shutdowns before and never seen temps much below 120 running down the road. Just the nature of the bitch when it's shoved in the tb behind a cyl throwing heat on it or baking between the two cyls on a shutdown. 120 +/- sounds about right if I recall correctly. I've never seen the intake air drop the temp even close to ambient on my big twin.
Ron

Sounds like it is time for a intake rethink at those sort of numbers.  How do you duplicate this on the dyno?