Road tuning VE's different route - different results

Started by a2wheeler, March 31, 2015, 04:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whittlebeast

Hrdtail, it is sad that most people will never know to look, let alone have any idea how dangerous it is to ignore this number.
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

FLTRI

I'll bet lonewolf, hrdtail, Harleytuner, and I have combined over 60 years experience tuning and dealing with these engines (sportster as well as BTs) and their idiosyncracies.
With all that experience we have but a novice's POV compared to the knowledge Steve Cole has garnered from his exposure to Delphi, GM, HD, and a few others over the years.

This guy lives and breathes EFI, turbos, cams, paying incredible attention to details...as many of us have heard for ourselves. :argue: :rtfb: :fish:
Obstinate? Yes. Sometimes downright irritating, well ya. But to criticize his EFI tuning prowess and/or knowledge about how the stuff works?
NOW THATS FUNNY!  :hyst:
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

joe_lyons

Quote from: FLTRI on April 10, 2015, 08:30:54 PM
I'll bet lonewolf, hrdtail, Harleytuner, and I have combined over 60 years experience tuning and dealing with these engines (sportster as well as BTs) and their idiosyncracies.
With all that experience we have but a novice's POV compared to the knowledge Steve Cole has garnered from his exposure to Delphi, GM, HD, and a few others over the years.

This guy lives and breathes EFI, turbos, cams, paying incredible attention to details...as many of us have heard for ourselves. :argue: :rtfb: :fish:
Obstinate? Yes. Sometimes downright irritating, well ya. But to criticize his EFI tuning prowess and/or knowledge about how the stuff works?
Bob
And he has a mustache.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

whittlebeast

Some people are driven on the Internet buy trashing and discouraging.  Political blogs are driven by these people.  I am not sure how they sleep at night.

I am driven by sharing and helping people.  Some people simply don't want to learn or even look.

Have fun tuning

Andy

harleytuner

Quote from: FLTRI on April 10, 2015, 08:30:54 PM
Hi
Bob

People seam to forget that S.C. was at the forefront of flashed based tuning for Harley's.  Who did Harley go to when they wanted to offer the original SERT?  Where would we be if they didn't go to him?  It's funny how one of his biggest critics on here relied pretty heavily on S.C. just a few short years ago to learn the fundementals and get set up Tuning now knows more about it than anyone.

whittlebeast

Most of this is really basic efi 101.  At least what is exposed....

strokerjlk

Quote from: lonewolf on April 10, 2015, 05:38:54 PM
Quote from: strokerjlk on April 10, 2015, 05:24:37 PM
tuning advice from someone that cant tune any better than this. :scratch:
narrow bands  :sick:
explains why it looks so bad now.
Your jokin', right?
no not at all. anyone else that tried to pass this type of sheet off ,would be strung up.
amazing to see who  slobbers  over it though.

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

FLTRI

Quote from: strokerjlk on April 11, 2015, 08:11:46 AM
Quote from: lonewolf on April 10, 2015, 05:38:54 PM
Quote from: strokerjlk on April 10, 2015, 05:24:37 PM
tuning advice from someone that cant tune any better than this. :scratch:
narrow bands  :sick:
explains why it looks so bad now.
Your jokin', right?
no not at all. anyone else that tried to pass this type of sheet off ,would be strung up.
Got some of your pulls from 1000-1200 rpm displayed at 3 smoothing to contrast SC's graphs?
Bob

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Steve Cole on April 10, 2015, 09:52:30 AM

I've got an article that was written sometime back about these systems and how good or bad they did during independent testing. Since this was written things have not gotten any better but they could if they wanted too. It's to big to attach so if anyone wants a copy let me know and I can email to you or if someone wants to put in a drop box account or such I will send it.

Steve,, If you could email the report to me.. My addy in in my profile.. I'm always interested in the "analysis of errors" in measurement systems as I used to work in electronics test..

FLTRI

Quote from: whittlebeast on April 11, 2015, 05:17:41 AM
Most of this is really basic efi 101.  At least what is exposed....
Yep, you'd think some folks would learn. Some just want and/or need to write their own book and try to make this out to be a lot more difficult and cumbersome than it really is.
K.I.S.S. Goes a long way here to understand what's going on.
Bob

hrdtail78

Has nothing to do with slobbering over anything, or anybody.   

For me it is about shooting myself in the foot with the guy that designed the whole thing.  Take this thread.  We are discussing how the Delphi system works with change of altitude.  That TTS cam graph has nothing to do with it.  It is here only for another cheap shot from a "man" that has nothing to bring to the table except to discredit, and personnel attack a guy for years.  Instead of bringing something to the table that resemble anything that could bring anything worth while to the thread. 

I see this thread as an opportunity to learn.  What can be learned.  How the ECM works.  1.  When and how does the ECM know baro of the day.  2.  Does it only get this info before the first start on a non running engine.  3.  Does it take any readings of daily baro while running?  4.  If we tell the ECM the engine isn't going to take any more air in at certain RPM points like 800, 1600, 2400, 3200....... after a certain throttle position.  Does it take that and read baro then?  5.  Does this make correction to the baro?

The guy that knows how all that works in the program is Steve Cole.  He wrote it.  He is the guy that will come on here and explain how it works, and what to do to make a better running bike.

This is Jim's MO.  Continuing to try and discredit SC of his knowledge of the HD Delphi EFI.  If anybody disagree with him trying to discredit.  You get called names or insults are thrown your way.  It is basically a bully mentality.  Problem is, I don't intimidate easily.  I consider the source and laugh. 

Trust the guy that worked directly with HD/ Delphi to get a better EFI system on HD's, or a light bulb maker that tunes part time and continually spreads bad info.  Choice is yours to make.
Semper Fi

strokerjlk

Quote from: hrdtail78 on April 11, 2015, 11:51:40 AM

Has nothing to do with slobbering over anything, or anybody.   

For me it is about shooting myself in the foot with the guy that designed the whole thing.  Take this thread.  We are discussing how the Delphi system works with change of altitude.  That TTS cam graph has nothing to do with it.  It is here only for another cheap shot from a "man" that has nothing to bring to the table except to discredit, and personnel attack a guy for years.  Instead of bringing something to the table that resemble anything that could bring anything worth while to the thread. 

I see this thread as an opportunity to learn.  What can be learned.  How the ECM works.  1.  When and how does the ECM know baro of the day.  2.  Does it only get this info before the first start on a non running engine.  3.  Does it take any readings of daily baro while running?  4.  If we tell the ECM the engine isn't going to take any more air in at certain RPM points like 800, 1600, 2400, 3200....... after a certain throttle position.  Does it take that and read baro then?  5.  Does this make correction to the baro?

The guy that knows how all that works in the program is Steve Cole.  He wrote it.  He is the guy that will come on here and explain how it works, and what to do to make a better running bike.

This is Jim's MO.  Continuing to try and discredit SC of his knowledge of the HD Delphi EFI.  If anybody disagree with him trying to discredit.  You get called names or insults are thrown your way.  It is basically a bully mentality.  Problem is, I don't intimidate easily.  I consider the source and laugh. 

Trust the guy that worked directly with HD/ Delphi to get a better EFI system on HD's, or a light bulb maker that tunes part time and continually spreads bad info.  Choice is yours to make.
i don't discredit his knowledge of his tuner. just his hands on ability.
shooting myself in the foot . :hyst: i dont give a rats ass. unlike you ,i dont need him or his BS .
the dyno sheet was posted  because... ( keep up now) he's running his mouth about how great ,even superior the narrow bands and his method of using them is.
but the end result looks like "Potty mouth". if that sheet was posted from anyone else ,you guys slobbering  over him now, would be all over the sheet and the worthless tuner.
speaking of laughing . this whole thread is a big laugh just watching some of you go brain dead ..... FWIW if you learned anything from this thread as you so desired ....you really didn't know anything to begin with.
still bothers you that a man works a good paying job with benefits and retirement, i see. thats good.  :wink:

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory