May 08, 2024, 07:36:31 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Decelleration popping

Started by shiltpold, April 18, 2015, 07:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiltpold

last year I purchased a used 2009 Sportster 1200 Custom.  When I got the bike, it already had a set of Vance and Hines Straight Shot pipes and a Screamin Eagle air filter installed.  The deceleration popping didn't bother me at first, but am to a point now where I want to do something about it.  I know this is a common topic, so Ive done a little research.  Some have suggested installing the Vance and Hines Fuelpak fuel management system and seems to work well for others.

Are there any better options out there ?

Steve

Panzer

Sounds like you have an small intake leak.
Check intake manifold and exhaust header with soap and water in a spray bottle......see any bubbles at exhaust or wants to die spraying the intake manifold?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

dr evo1

the popping is a lean mixture. Vance and Hines is a good sys. when ever you change the pipes and air cleaner it has to be richer carb or injected. if it isn't fixed it can burn a valve or a piston.

Panzer

Pull the plugs and see what color.
We would like a repot back.  :nix:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.