May 09, 2024, 03:20:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Evo heads -- preferred for porting?

Started by fuct44, April 14, 2015, 01:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuct44

Title says it all...any preferences for porting when it comes to Evo heads?  Certain years? Stock castings or S.E.? Or even S&S?

TIA
Huh?

jsachs1

95 and later, stock EVO castings would be my choice.
Look closely at the seat top angle on all EVO heads for flaking, also cracks in the spark plug area.
John

fuct44

Huh?

bobrk1

I did head-quarters do mine can do an exchange so no down time, got a twin cam now would do them again

turboprop

Quote from: fuct44 on April 14, 2015, 01:09:24 PM
Title says it all...any preferences for porting when it comes to Evo heads?  Certain years? Stock castings or S.E.? Or even S&S?

TIA

STD if they can be found. S&S offers two heads for the oem bolt pattern Evo engine. The long in the tooth SuperStock castings require either a proprietary piston from S&S or extensive welding in the chamber. The S&S replacement heads look promising as they have sort of a bathtub chamber, work with a flat top piston and have plenty of meat for a porter to work with. And they are available new in the box for just over $800 a set.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

prodrag1320

as far as stock HD heads go,pretty much any year (head breathers if its a head breather motor) are fine.it just goes to say,if you start with a better flowing head,you`ll end up with a even better flowing head (ie: S&S,STD,ect)