May 09, 2024, 03:21:09 AM

News:

Power Vision Question

Started by Tom_O, May 15, 2015, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_O

I have read through the PV post here and I am still confused. I am currently running the SEPST. If I purchase the PV can I hook it up to my bike, with the current tune set with SEPST, and run auto tune without wrecking havoc? Or, should I depend on FM to send me a tune with the module? I spoke with Bob at FM and he said they have not tuned a bike with Stage IV but they could send something that would probably work.

I have had the bike "tuned" three times now at my local dealer. I am not happy with the way it is running now. It actually pisses me off. It backfires, decel popping, seems to pulse when I am light on the throttle.

I am thinking I would be better off purchasing PV and running auto tune rather than returning for another "tune" at the dealer. Am I delusional with that train of thought? Thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

Just Nick

Where are you located it will be cheaper to find you a good tuner to tune it correctly and be done with it.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Tom_O

Quote from: Just Nick on May 15, 2015, 08:39:07 PM
Where are you located it will be cheaper to find you a good tuner to tune it correctly and be done with it.

Currently in Sumter, SC. Will be moving to St Louis in August.

Just Nick

Never mind I see Sumter SC looks like about 3 hours up the road to you is t-man performance it might be worth a call to see if they can fit you in. I don't know of anyone else in that part of the country.

Now to answer your question I do not think the power vision will tune off of the sespt map that is in the bike. You will be better off with a competent tuner getting it right with what you already have equipment wise

Www.tmanperformance.com

Tom_O

Quote from: Just Nick on May 15, 2015, 08:45:43 PM
Never mind I see Sumter SC looks like about 3 hours up the road to you is t-man performance it might be worth a call to see if they can fit you in. I don't know of anyone else in that part of the country.

Now to answer your question I do not think the power vision will tune off of the sespt map that is in the bike. You will be better off with a competent tuner getting it right with what you already have equipment wise

I've been reluctant to call T Man mainly because I've read and been told they will only tune with their parts installed. But, I think its past time to try. Worst they can do is say no.

Just Nick

I was not aware of that hopefully one of the guys around hear will chime in if that's the case and let us know of another tuner in that area

joe_lyons

The sepst will tune what you have just fine.  The PV can use the calibration you have in the ecm now to make changes.  Some good choices in the St Louis area for tuners.  Jason at C&S speed shop is on the east side. Other good tuners in Illinois are Jim at paradise performance and Frank at dragos bike works.  All of them are competent tuners with what you have.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Just Nick

I was thinking Jason (hrdtail78) was out that way but August is s long time to wait maybe a trip is an order scout your new neighborhood and have one of those guys get you all fixed up

Tom_O

Quote from: joe_lyons on May 15, 2015, 09:27:37 PM
The sepst will tune what you have just fine.  The PV can use the calibration you have in the ecm now to make changes.  Some good choices in the St Louis area for tuners.  Jason at C&S speed shop is on the east side. Other good tuners in Illinois are Jim at paradise performance and Frank at dragos bike works.  All of them are competent tuners with what you have.

Thank you. I've heard great things about everyone you listed. Cant wait to get around some people that are knowledgeable with this type of thing.

Tom_O

Quote from: Just Nick on May 15, 2015, 09:48:31 PM
I was thinking Jason (hrdtail78) was out that way but August is s long time to wait maybe a trip is an order scout your new neighborhood and have one of those guys get you all fixed up

Gonna be tough for me to make that trip before August. I am retiring and trying to sell our house. lol Double whammy.