May 08, 2024, 06:46:10 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need advice

Started by papadon, June 10, 2015, 11:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

papadon

Have an 03 sportster xl1200c and think I am going to have to replace the ignition module, Have you ever replaced one and do you have any suggestions on which one would be the best to replace with. Have looked online and there seems to be quite a few different models and brands, but not really sure as to witch one would be a good one to get. would like to keep it as low priced as I can. And thanks for the replies to my earlier post.

Panzer

Why didn't you add this post onto the first one & save space?
Just saying.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

aswracing

Quote from: papadon on June 10, 2015, 11:39:52 AM
Have an 03 sportster xl1200c and think I am going to have to replace the ignition module, Have you ever replaced one and do you have any suggestions on which one would be the best to replace with. Have looked online and there seems to be quite a few different models and brands, but not really sure as to witch one would be a good one to get. would like to keep it as low priced as I can. And thanks for the replies to my earlier post.

98-03 XL's use a nose cone module. Daytona Twin-Tec has a plug-and-play module called the 1005S-EX. It's an ARB approved module and it has a very narrow range of curve choices as a result, although they do have an optional programming kit for it. Other nose cone modules on the market will need to be wired in. Since you mentioned low priced, check out the Ultima. Very similar to a Dyna 2Ki (one of our favorites) but less money.