May 02, 2024, 08:31:30 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Anyone observing "Earth Hour"?

Started by Ratfade, March 28, 2009, 10:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratfade

I know I am. With all those major cities turning off their lights, I figure there's that much more electricity for me to use. I'm turning all mine on.

Jeffd

seattledyna

remember when we used to have earth "DAY" now they have reduced it to earth "HOUR"

Jay Leno last night :wink:

taz95dog

+1for ratfade...al gore can kiss my a**...taz... :tfhat:
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

JamLazyAss

Earth Hour  :wtf:  Is it anything like Happy Hour ?
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

Dennis The Menace

Quote from: JamLazyAss on March 28, 2009, 11:15:22 AM
Earth Hour  :wtf:  Is it anything like Happy Hour ?

I'll drink to that!  (and, pretty much anything else too)

menace

specialx1

yup, opened all my windows and turned furnace on high!!!! :potstir:
tryin to speed up the global warming
Specialx1
it's only kinky the first time

04Fatboy

The real goal of the so called man made global warming scare and all of the retarded associated publicity stunts is to get enough idiots convinced so they will except the cap and trade scheme.  The cost of cap and trade will eventually be absorbed by the end user/consumer.  This whole thing is a hoax and scheme  to get more tax revenue without calling it a tax, just call it something else, cap and trade.  Just as bad as any scheme Bernnie Madeoff ran, Al Gore and the rest including Kunta Kintay, the Kenyan living in the White House, should all share Bernnie's cell, it is already costing us a fortune in the incremental changes they are making to policies and regulations to save us.

Just one man's opinion, I could be wrong, but you'll never convince me I am.

Don

specialx1

it's only kinky the first time

Fxstchewy

Not I, if it smells like crap, well, you know the rest.  :down:
"I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can have the change."

taz95dog

i'm with you don . anyone who hasn't read animal farm need too ! :rtfb:  p/s no wonder the gun shows sell out of ammo...bill...
home town va.bch., va. usn '68-'72

jd8181

yeah i helped out. i went and started everything i had with an engine and reved them as many times in an hour as i could. i bet my open headers on my car really helped them our  >:D (shhh we'll keep that on the down low)
2003 Night Train 95" SE Pistons, S&S Cams, Hooker's , SERT, etc....
What's Next

takwolf

"RIDE WITH THE WIND"

Mi_RDGlide

Is 8:30 and their web site is still on, guess they forgot to turn it off!

You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

mayor

I plan on turning the lights out when I go to bed tonight.  Does that count?
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

autoworker

I'm doing my part............I have observed pretty many hrs. on earth in my 46 yrs. :up:
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

apendejo

Greenie BS, what time does it start, 8:30?
I am going to turn on every piece of elctric stuff I have, then crank my Marshall JCM 900 to 11 and do a rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.
AP

Panzer

March 28, 2009, 06:56:58 PM #18 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 06:59:00 AM by Panzer
Earth Hour??  Earth day ??
Quote from: seattledyna on March 28, 2009, 11:06:07 AM
remember when we used to have earth "DAY" now they have reduced it to earth "HOUR"
:up:
Is that when you plant a tree or is it cut down a cherrry tree?
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Jeffd

let's see 1 hour of total darkness...crime rate goes up for 1 hour and nine months from now lots of births........yea I'll keep my lights burning bright.

Sonny S.

If they woulda planned it at 3am they coulda got my support. 8:30pm Eastern time NHRA was on...sorry folks

HyperDetroit

If you are dumb enough to acquiesce to this request, you'll subject yourself to the same demand later on, only that time it won't be voluntary. :angry:

This is a scam, pure and simple, the whole global warming business is nothing more than finding another way to outlaw freedom, only this time it's not for the sake of the state like it was before in every dictatorial regime, this time it's "for the planet".

Do not fall for any of it.
Hyper
Всё в руках божьих

China twin 88

As I have one of those dishes and receive Channels from the phillipines, I have heard of the "turn off" but am not sure if it is being broadcasted on Chinese TV....anyway.. I thought I would just watch it.....
LMMC/LAMF

Molly

I turned the porch light on last night and immediately put the heat pump on. I think I went the wrong way...

That said, I'm sitting here in my 'Earth Hour' t-shirt (I "Potty mouth" you not) because they were on sale for $10 and, if nothing else, it'll eventually make a good shop rag. :-)

jimrookie

CndUltra88

I was going to observe "Earth Hour" till Ifell asleep at 08:29, woke up about 25 minutes ago to get ready for work.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Phu Cat

This whole thing is a hoax and scheme  to get more tax revenue without calling it a tax, just call it something else,

That's the whole story in a nutshell.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Ratfade

Wow! I didn't know there were so many "environmentally conscious" members here, so I'd like to share a recycling tip.

I like to recycle used motor oil, but often it's just a pain to take it to the auto parts store. So here's what I do:

Find an old, mostly used bucket(s) of paint. Carefully pour your used oil into the bucket, and tightly seal the lid. Then place the bucket in a plain paper bag, and put the whole thing in the trash can. Eventually, that oil will find its way back to wherever it came from.

/s/ Ratfade, Fellow Traveller on Spaceship Earth

Mi_RDGlide

Quote from: Ratfade on March 29, 2009, 06:05:57 AM
Wow! I didn't know there were so many "environmentally conscious" members here, so I'd like to share a recycling tip.

I like to recycle used motor oil, but often it's just a pain to take it to the auto parts store. So here's what I do:

Find an old, mostly used bucket(s) of paint. Carefully pour your used oil into the bucket, and tightly seal the lid. Then place the bucket in a plain paper bag, and put the whole thing in the trash can. Eventually, that oil will find its way back to wherever it came from.

The problem with that is it makes it to the ground water first. There is no new water. http://www.capitalgroundwater.org/h2oquiz/govtbasics.shtml  :gob:
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

Ajayrk

AJ

MrClean

March 29, 2009, 06:55:16 AM #30 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:27:02 AM by MrClean
Quote from: Phu Cat on March 29, 2009, 05:55:12 AM
This whole thing is a hoax and scheme  to get more tax revenue without calling it a tax, just call it something else,

That's the whole story in a nutshell.

PC

Like the Goverment needs a hoax or scheme to raise taxes.   :hyst:

But, you don't hear much about acid rain anymore.
These are the facts according to my opinions.

Panzer

Specialx1, you can close your windows now, it's getting warmer here in Pa.
Now, if you could just make the sun come out and stop the drizzle so I could ride,
I'd be behold'n to ya. :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sportsterboy

I went out in the yard and exhaled on the trees to feed them carbon dioxide.
They in turn exhaled to "feed" me oxygen.
We all feel much better.    :potstir:  (with the exception of Al Gore)

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

apendejo

March 29, 2009, 11:12:33 AM #33 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:21:32 PM by apendejo
Quote from: Mi_RDGlide on March 29, 2009, 06:37:22 AM
Quote from: Ratfade on March 29, 2009, 06:05:57 AM

The problem with that is it makes it to the ground water first. There is no new water. http://www.capitalgroundwater.org/h2oquiz/govtbasics.shtml  :gob:
Water does not emulsify with oil and vise versa. If you actually saw a pump station for municipal drinking water you would probably not be real pleased. The machinery and pumps are all lubricated with petroleum products and the excess and runoff is all over the place.
AP

clay_mover

March 29, 2009, 12:30:20 PM #34 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:39:23 PM by clay_mover
It sure is refreshing to log onto this sight and find some like minded individules emphasis on "individules"

I work with a bunch of Liberal followers that drive me crazy over this man made global warming hoax, I keep telling them that I would have to be pretty arrogant to believe I can change the weather!  :duel:

I'd rather be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six!

Molly

I wouldn't describe myself as a 'greenie' at all but, as a family, we have three bins: recycling, organics, and rubbish (landfill), use low energy bulbs, and don't waste electricity (NZ is nuclear free so the electricity is EXPENSIVE).

Once all that is taken care of I fill up the tank on my bike and burn the bloody lot as fast as I can!  ;-)

RDKing07

FLH

I wonder if Al Bore flew around in his 10,000 LBS/fuel/hr jet to make sure everyone had their lights off.

Wake me up when the New Revolution starts. :pop: