May 03, 2024, 09:45:49 AM

News:

Anyone observing "Earth Hour"?

Started by Ratfade, March 28, 2009, 10:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CndUltra88

I was going to observe "Earth Hour" till Ifell asleep at 08:29, woke up about 25 minutes ago to get ready for work.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Phu Cat

This whole thing is a hoax and scheme  to get more tax revenue without calling it a tax, just call it something else,

That's the whole story in a nutshell.

PC
Too much horsepower is almost enough.

Ratfade

Wow! I didn't know there were so many "environmentally conscious" members here, so I'd like to share a recycling tip.

I like to recycle used motor oil, but often it's just a pain to take it to the auto parts store. So here's what I do:

Find an old, mostly used bucket(s) of paint. Carefully pour your used oil into the bucket, and tightly seal the lid. Then place the bucket in a plain paper bag, and put the whole thing in the trash can. Eventually, that oil will find its way back to wherever it came from.

/s/ Ratfade, Fellow Traveller on Spaceship Earth

Mi_RDGlide

Quote from: Ratfade on March 29, 2009, 06:05:57 AM
Wow! I didn't know there were so many "environmentally conscious" members here, so I'd like to share a recycling tip.

I like to recycle used motor oil, but often it's just a pain to take it to the auto parts store. So here's what I do:

Find an old, mostly used bucket(s) of paint. Carefully pour your used oil into the bucket, and tightly seal the lid. Then place the bucket in a plain paper bag, and put the whole thing in the trash can. Eventually, that oil will find its way back to wherever it came from.

The problem with that is it makes it to the ground water first. There is no new water. http://www.capitalgroundwater.org/h2oquiz/govtbasics.shtml  :gob:
You only need to be 10% smarter than the thing your working on.

Ajayrk

AJ

MrClean

March 29, 2009, 06:55:16 AM #30 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 07:27:02 AM by MrClean
Quote from: Phu Cat on March 29, 2009, 05:55:12 AM
This whole thing is a hoax and scheme  to get more tax revenue without calling it a tax, just call it something else,

That's the whole story in a nutshell.

PC

Like the Goverment needs a hoax or scheme to raise taxes.   :hyst:

But, you don't hear much about acid rain anymore.
These are the facts according to my opinions.

Panzer

Specialx1, you can close your windows now, it's getting warmer here in Pa.
Now, if you could just make the sun come out and stop the drizzle so I could ride,
I'd be behold'n to ya. :smilep:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Sportsterboy

I went out in the yard and exhaled on the trees to feed them carbon dioxide.
They in turn exhaled to "feed" me oxygen.
We all feel much better.    :potstir:  (with the exception of Al Gore)

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

apendejo

March 29, 2009, 11:12:33 AM #33 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:21:32 PM by apendejo
Quote from: Mi_RDGlide on March 29, 2009, 06:37:22 AM
Quote from: Ratfade on March 29, 2009, 06:05:57 AM

The problem with that is it makes it to the ground water first. There is no new water. http://www.capitalgroundwater.org/h2oquiz/govtbasics.shtml  :gob:
Water does not emulsify with oil and vise versa. If you actually saw a pump station for municipal drinking water you would probably not be real pleased. The machinery and pumps are all lubricated with petroleum products and the excess and runoff is all over the place.
AP

clay_mover

March 29, 2009, 12:30:20 PM #34 Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:39:23 PM by clay_mover
It sure is refreshing to log onto this sight and find some like minded individules emphasis on "individules"

I work with a bunch of Liberal followers that drive me crazy over this man made global warming hoax, I keep telling them that I would have to be pretty arrogant to believe I can change the weather!  :duel:

I'd rather be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six!

Molly

I wouldn't describe myself as a 'greenie' at all but, as a family, we have three bins: recycling, organics, and rubbish (landfill), use low energy bulbs, and don't waste electricity (NZ is nuclear free so the electricity is EXPENSIVE).

Once all that is taken care of I fill up the tank on my bike and burn the bloody lot as fast as I can!  ;-)

RDKing07

FLH

I wonder if Al Bore flew around in his 10,000 LBS/fuel/hr jet to make sure everyone had their lights off.

Wake me up when the New Revolution starts. :pop: