May 07, 2024, 09:11:49 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

stock harley radio 2011 ultra limited

Started by moose, June 14, 2015, 09:52:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

June 14, 2015, 09:52:21 AM Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 09:54:37 AM by moose
while riding intermittenly radio sound goes dead, radio still has power, cb is off.  Had the radio replaced under warranty but now the problem reoccured.  also had the 1 piece antenna wire replaced  Help ?
Moose aka Glenn-

UltraNutZ

if they (HD tech) didn't replace those riser bolts when replacing the radio, you're likely to have the same issue you had before - cracked circuit board.  Whats in the fingers below is the stock bolt that came on these bikes and beats up against the bottom of the stock radio, and the replacement from tech bulletin M1289 - October 11, 2010.  If HD won't do anything for you, you'll likely have to touch base with Tony @ Iron Cross Audio.

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

moose

thanks I know they did not replace the bolt so I guess I'll have to call the dealer and see what they could do

good luck to me    how long does dealer usually guarantee repair it was done on ESP originally  about 7 months ago
Moose aka Glenn-

UltraNutZ

I would pull the fairing cap off and take a flashlight and sneek a peek at the bottom of the radio chassis.  If you see the bolt marks present on the bottom of the case, I would then contact your dealer who replaced the radio originally and let them know it's happened again and reference the Service Bulletin above to find out why they didn't change the bolts at the time of radio replacement and if they're going to do anything to help you out with this.  If no marks are present then the problem is likely just vibration damage and you'll have to holler at Tony @ Iron Cross Audio for some assistance in getting it repaired.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons