May 08, 2024, 01:02:26 PM

News:

System goes limp

Started by speed limit, June 13, 2015, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speed limit

June 13, 2015, 03:52:46 PM Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 04:43:52 PM by speed limit
I installed a B.T. 2180 and their 6.5 speakers on my 2015 RG special I`ve had it flashed twice @ $109.00 a pop as per bt`s  recommendation amp1&2 on 8 speakers on, Harley's latest software 18.3 was installed, the problem I`m having is with the bike parked and system playing all seems fine not quite what I expected but much improved over stock, but after a 5 minute ride don't matter if I crank it up or not it goes limp low volume under water sound and loss of some left joy stick function of course Harley blames the aftermarket amp and bt is closed till Monday, any ideas?
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

slothy

Check the amp temp, could be overheating
2015 RGS 30" 107/ss570 cams/HPI 58mm/WFOLarry stage 2+ / trask turbo

tdgriff

where did you ground your amp to? I would start with the wires and make sure you have everything hook up right. Ground your amp at the battery not the frame. Make sure you have the speakers hooked up the same .

speed limit

I used the BT 2180-14 its pretty much plug and play as far as the wiring goes my only deviation was I had the amp mounted on the frame bulkhead instead of under radio as per their instructions, don`t see where it should make a difference but I`m in  the process of changing that now

tdgriff

I just asked because I have installed 8 of the BT systems and the last time I hooked mine up I put the cables to the subwoofer and not rear plug ins and mine did the same thing. I am taking it you are running stock hu. I don't think they have a sub hook up but I could be wrong. Keep us informed on what you find good luck.

speed limit

June 14, 2015, 11:39:56 AM #5 Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:16:26 PM by speed limit
I think I may have found the problem the line in converter box, when I wiggle it the  sound distorts and goes in and out, I wire tied it in a working position let the system play for over an hour while I did some other things, but within a minute of starting the engine it started screwing up well I will give bt a call tomorrow, and by the way I do have working bass and treble control fader screen displayed but not working .

speed limit

ran up to best buy and picked up a converter that was it sounds good clear as bell @80, I`ll let the guy`s at bt know about the converter tomorrow  :speaker: :speaker:

tdgriff

Quote from: speed limit on June 14, 2015, 09:05:02 PM
ran up to best buy and picked up a converter that was it sounds good clear as bell @80, I`ll let the guy`s at bt know about the converter tomorrow  :speaker: :speaker:
Glad you got it figured out. What part did you have to get?