May 09, 2024, 10:01:36 AM

News:

2016 new Harleys

Started by pddredduece, June 24, 2015, 08:45:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pddredduece

I live near Orlando,Fl. Orlando Harley is having a 4th of July celebration. I received a mailer stating to come and road test the 2016 Harley's. I thought the new models come out in August :scratch:

Boe Cole

I believe the dealer's meeting is early this year but that is in August.  I would put money on the ad proof reader missing something!!!!  Of course, I would not put too much on it as HD has a way of making unexpected product introductions.
We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Kansas

I am waiting to see if they have a Road Glide Special Low for 2016. If they do - I am the first short guy buying one.

lilchief

Quote from: Kansas on June 26, 2015, 04:23:04 PM
I am waiting to see if they have a Road Glide Special Low for 2016. If they do - I am the first short guy buying one.

Yep, that'd be my luck. I'm gathering the parts to lower the front on my '15, which I'll probably do in the winter. I would be suprised if they came out with one though. Mainly because the dealers around here say the RG's really aren't selling as expected.

Lil Chief

Hossamania

Quote from: lilchief on June 26, 2015, 04:54:10 PM
Quote from: Kansas on June 26, 2015, 04:23:04 PM

Yep, that'd be my luck. I'm gathering the parts to lower the front on my '15, which I'll probably do in the winter. I would be suprised if they came out with one though. Mainly because the dealers around here say the RG's really aren't selling as expected.

Lil Chief

They're not selling as well, because people are finally realizing that they are ugly!   :wink:
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

They're not selling as well, because people are finally realizing that they are ugly!   :wink:

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: feelin a little insecure Hoss? Remember when you didn't like batwings? You gotta learn how to age gracefully.  :wink:
KD

Breeze

My guess is that the 2016's the mailer references to be road tested will be the Street models. 
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

Hossamania

Quote from: kd on June 26, 2015, 05:49:39 PM

:hyst: :hyst: :hyst: feelin a little insecure Hoss? Remember when you didn't like batwings? You gotta learn how to age gracefully.  :wink:

Well, tact and grace have not been my strong suits. And I have accepted batwings, much as it kills me. I don't think I really said they were ugly, just that I wasn't old enough to own one.
I did meet a guy that sold his Street Glide and got a Road Glide because everyone told him that he would love it. He does not love it, and is going back to the Street Glide.
Never liked that fairing on the FXR touring, or on the FLT.
See, tact and grace!

runamuck

I would guess that the number of bagger buyers is slowly decreasing as they age and younger guys dont want that kind of bike. since the rg is an even smaller segment of that group, I would think that overall the market for them is not large.

joe_lyons

Idk,  I see alot of younger guys getting baggers.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901

Ohio HD

Quote from: joe_lyons on June 28, 2015, 07:10:38 AM

:up:  most guys around here that buy new get some sort of bagger. Regardless of the age of the buyer.

PoorUB

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 28, 2015, 07:12:50 AM

:up:  most guys around here that buy new get some sort of bagger. Regardless of the age of the buyer.

Same here. Walk in to the dealer and about all you see is a sea of baggers. Every time I have been there a salesman is rolling a bagger out the door. The dynds, Softies and Sportys look pretty lonely.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

TorQuePimp

sadly they start unbolting the important stuff, billet 30"  wheels and painting them like the cat threw up on them

Hossamania

I have a nephew that bought a nice, used, late '90's Softail. He is in his early 20's. After 3 weeks, he wanted to get a Street Glide. Priorities have changed for the younger generation, ie: tunes.

Ohio HD

You know, I like music a lot. I have two HD's with sound systems. I never turn either of them on. I truly enjoy the sound of the exhaust cruising along on country routes. Or the sound the exhaust makes between shifts. But in my truck, the music is cranked!

Bigbluff

Quote from: Ohio HD on June 29, 2015, 12:12:49 PM
You know, I like music a lot. I have two HD's with sound systems. I never turn either of them on. I truly enjoy the sound of the exhaust cruising along on country routes. Or the sound the exhaust makes between shifts. But in my truck, the music is cranked!

Same here...I rarely have the stereo on with my Ultra, but always cranked in my cars. Nothin' sounds so good as a Harley's exhaust.

If they made the RG Ultra in a non-CVO version ($40,000 for the present CVO!) I would strongly consider trading mine for it...
In all that time he was riding through the desert he could have named that horse

deathwish

Wow they have new Harley's for sale on the dealer floor? (Just joking) I rarely go to a dealership anymore and never plan to buy a new one again. But again that's just me. I find all the dealership boring when I do go there. I liked the old places better.

Joker65

I completely agree.... that's why I ride a Road King.
The first time I rode a 'built' bagger, it was my brother's SG with an upgraded stereo; that thing ran really strong!

He had put in a classic Metallica CD and I cranked it up.... until I got going on those winding, Georgia blacktops.
I turned it down pretty quickly, so I could focus on the road and not so much on the tunes... for safety's sake!

Maybe someday i'll have to pick between the SG and Fugly...   :idunno:

"Other than that, how'd you like the theater Mrs. Lincoln?"

Kwayz

I usually crank the music up on mine, but sometimes I just want to hear the sound of the bike so I leave it off.  A friend of mine was riding behind me this past weekend and after we stopped for lunch he asked me what kind of exhaust I had because he really liked the sound of it.  He was a little surprised when I told him it was all stock.  Made me think maybe I should listen to my pipes a bit more.   :-)

And these Georgia roads can sure enough get dangerous!  There are a few places I normally ride that I've cut back on because the tar snakes are so numerous and slick this time of the year, its like riding across an icy bridge.  All of a sudden your bike isn't where you thought it would be!  They seem to be worse this year than what I remember from last year.  Hit one of those in the twisties and it can get ugly real fast! 

Eccool

When is the dealer meeting this year?

Steve Cole

Late August, I believe its the 23rd but not firm on the exact day it starts.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

rich1

So I am not the only one. I bought my first dresser in 2004 and was excited about the sound system. After using it once I never turned it on again. I found it distracted from the ride.

glens

I like to vary the combination, but it's usually a combination of some sort.  It's all part of the experience.

Ancient

Solo I usually have it up just enough to hear it. With the missus on board it's usually up pretty loud.

:teeth:
Greg

runamuck

It is distracting to me so I hardly ever have it on but when my wife rides with me she wants the radio on and loud enough to hear. other wise she is liable to fall asleep if we are out on the highway..

Hossamania

I have used the radio, but not very often, and it definitely can be distracting. The wife doesn't like it at all, which is fine by me. She said we have no use for the communication set up either. I love her.

glens

I looked through the U.S. Patent Office listings and didn't see anything but it looks like some super-lightweight wheels and ultra-low-friction wheel bearings.

Alternatively, they could've gotten 'hold of Scotty's formula for transparent aluminum like they used to build a tank for the whale...

[attach=1]

Or, it could just be the image they use for the background and overlay 2015 color options...

hd06

The shadow shows pokes   :wink:

Eglider05

Quote from: Hossamania on July 03, 2015, 09:33:19 AM
I have used the radio, but not very often, and it definitely can be distracting. The wife doesn't like it at all, which is fine by me. She said we have no use for the communication set up either. I love her.

I just spent a boat load on a Biketronics set up for my Eglide and it ROCKS!. The sad part is I seldom have used it to this point. It only gets used when I'm alone as my wife prefers it off. After this past weeks ride I'm starting to give some consideration to going back to a Road King.

Rick

Hossamania

Quote from: Eglider05 on July 05, 2015, 02:45:21 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on July 03, 2015, 09:33:19 AM

I just spent a boat load on a Biketronics set up for my Eglide and it ROCKS!. The sad part is I seldom have used it to this point. It only gets used when I'm alone as my wife prefers it off. After this past weeks ride I'm starting to give some consideration to going back to a Road King.

Rick

I'm torn, because I like my music loud, so I'm thinking about upgrading my sound system also. But, like you, I don't listen to it very often. And I hate it when we're getting ready to leave on a group ride, and seven guys turn up their stereos loud, all on different music, and we haven't even started lining up yet. I guess that's why God made Thunderheaders.

You can't go wrong with the Road King. And I haven't seen a good sound system on one yet, despite what others may say. So, no need to even think about putting one on.

Ohio HD

Anyone notice that there wasn't much hub bub about the 2016 bikes here on HTT as there has been on previous years info releases?    :scratch:

Don't know if attendance is down here, or the interest in the new bikes is less.    :nix:

rbabos

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 01, 2015, 06:18:36 PM
Anyone notice that there wasn't much hub bub about the 2016 bikes here on HTT as there has been on previous years info releases?    :scratch:

Don't know if attendance is down here, or the interest in the new bikes is less.    :nix:
I did notice that. Same old, same old I guess. Myself, checked to see if v rod was still in the line and it was and that was it for me. :nix: No interest in the others. If I was in the market for a different bike it would likely be a Vic or Indian. I don't have tatoos so I'm good to go. :hyst:
Ron

Scooterfish

Well I did notice a thread on 2017 changes started about 4 days after the 2016s were introduced,  :pop:
Northern Indiana

Ohio HD

Quote from: Scooterfish on September 02, 2015, 05:52:51 AM

Well I did notice a thread on 2017 changes started about 4 days after the 2016s were introduced,  :pop:

:hyst:  I saw it too! 

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on September 02, 2015, 05:40:44 AM

I did notice that. Same old, same old I guess. Myself, checked to see if v rod was still in the line and it was and that was it for me. :nix: No interest in the others. If I was in the market for a different bike it would likely be a Vic or Indian. I don't have tatoos so I'm good to go. :hyst:
Ron

Well I don't think it matters,   :idunno:          I still have my Honda tattoos!       :smiled:

rbabos

Quote from: Ohio HD on September 02, 2015, 07:30:23 AM

Ron

Well I don't think it matters,   :idunno:          I still have my Honda tattoos!       :smiled:
What, that wing thing?
Ron

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on September 02, 2015, 07:32:57 AM

Ron

What, that wing thing?
Ron

Yeah!      :embarrassed:

[attachurl=1][attach=0]

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on September 02, 2015, 07:32:57 AM

Ron

What, that wing thing?
Ron

Yeah!        :embarrassed:

[attach=0]

Eccool

HroadhogD1

Is that a stick-on tat?     :pop: