May 08, 2024, 10:24:10 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Better, not nessesarily best

Started by Jaycee1964, July 03, 2015, 06:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaycee1964

Hi,

My 2012 TK stock stereo is "OK" IMO.  Not a power house at all but enough power for me.  However the sound quality is kinda crappy.  If I install a set of decent 5 1/4" component speakers with crossovers on the stock radio will it improve the sound quality?  I don't really need louder, just better quality sound.  I have an older set of 5 1/4" MB Quart speakers that I had in my jeep a few years ago and I loved the sound they put out.  Thinking about popping them in to try.  Thoughts?
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

tdgriff

Hell give it a try . the infinity kappas are a nice speaker . Not bad on price at all.

Jaycee1964

Well,  I added the speakers and it sounds very nice.... However after adding the speakers it really needs an amp.  should I add a sound processor to the stock radio and then add the amp using pre outs?  would I see a difference?  Really don't want to change the radio
If you have to stop and think about if it is right or wrong, Assume it is wrong.

tdgriff

It's all what you want to spend. Nutz is the best at putting systems together. A amp will definitely wake a set of speakers up. Be careful this can get addicting. Sound crack can get expensive. If you listen to Am FM you need to be careful what amo you go with.

Jaycee1964

Bought a small 4 channel amp for under $100 and cabling for another $100.  I'm sure with the cross overs I use this will sound very nice.  No power plant but very nice.  Thank you all!

tdgriff

Cool I hope it works out for you . Good luck