April 27, 2024, 07:33:25 AM

News:

High gear limiter

Started by HighLiner, December 21, 2015, 09:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighLiner

So I was told my bike has a 5800 limiter in 6th.  Tuned with a super pro tuner, can this rpm be raised?

rigidthumper

The rev limit can be set to 7500, but the background software will still chop it off ~155MPH (5800 RPM) in 6th gear.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

moscooter

:pop:
Raising the limit above the 5800 mark could be OK done on an TC "A" motor,  but would not be advisable on a TC "B" motor with counter balancers. :potstir:

strokerjlk

It is the speed limiter not the rev limiter .
Actually running 5800 RPM and 155 MPH in 6 th gear is only gonna happen on the dyno .

With other tuners you can recalabrate the speedo while on the dyno to make the motor pull to whatever rpm you want . It thinks it is doing say 130 instead of 155 MPH . Therefore it will pull to any RPM you want .
Sepst can't re-cal the speedo , so you can only pull to whatever MPH the speed limiter is set for in that particular cal . There is also a 5 th gear speed limiter that varies from cal to cal .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

glens

I wouldn't even spin the tires that fast on a drum when they're only rated to 130 or whatever.

joe_lyons

Never had a tire blow out at those speeds.  As its only there for less than a sec then back down. 

I have a couple of PCVs that I pulled the VVS signal wire from so that I can just quickly plug it in place and run the rpms up to 6200 with out issues. 
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion 816-425-4901