April 27, 2024, 11:26:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Target tune closer to coming to market?

Started by Mountainman streetbob, July 21, 2015, 04:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whittlebeast

The abilities of target tune is the best on the market.  Great for anything short of an insane build.

Jamie at FuelmotoUSA has the tools now to tune most anything remotely.  That can save almost anyone the money they used to spend at the dyno.

Andy
Dynos are great for getting the motor close enough to get on the data loggers.

98fxstc

Quote from: jclark311 on December 18, 2015, 04:56:38 PM
I here you, not that i dont want to learn, or unable to. Im a tech savy guy, i work on internet routers, VOD, and IP telephone everyday. Im not going to modify this bike. I want to ride it more than i work on it. I have modified every motorcycle or car i had for the last 40 years. Now i want to ride, and I want something easy to use. Most i will do with this bike, is throw a bolt on cam in. So with that said, Powervision looks like the way to go. Im sure Fuel Moto has a good base tune to get me started. So which one do you guys recomend?
Find a pro tuner who uses Powervision and pay $200 for a licence
You will have someone who has the knowledge and equipment to to give you a good tune
You pay for a dyno tune for your setup and away you go
No need to try to learn everything you need to know to tune your own bike
You have the wrong attitude for a DIY tuner

q1svt

December 19, 2015, 06:00:38 AM #527 Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 06:02:53 AM by q1svt
Quote from: jclark311 on December 18, 2015, 04:56:38 PM
Im a tech savy guy, i work on internet routers, VOD, and IP telephone everyday.
These should be of great assistance in learning how the software tools work  :wink: 

Some over think the actual tuning part (air, fuel, spark, timing), but that hasn't changed since a caveman walked pass after a lightening strike...
Greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge.

HD/Wrench

Quote from: whittlebeast on December 18, 2015, 05:16:17 PM
The abilities of target tune is the best on the market.  Great for anything short of an insane build.

Jamie at FuelmotoUSA has the tools now to tune most anything remotely.  That can save almost anyone the money they used to spend at the dyno.

Andy

You may be right however many buy them and do not want to learn the rest of what goes along with it . I do this for a living and get the TT and PRO tuners in all the time., And yes they bought them from FM.. They are tired of messing around gathering logs re loading the the tunes. They just want to ride the bike and it be tuned. Not a bash just facts. SO they are happy to pay for the dyno tune and we tune it,  the bikes is ready and they no longer have to mess with it.. Not wrong or right just the way it is.. That was more my point.. without  :horse: .

Its one more tuner out there that, once they get the rest of it out done it will be even better  :wink: Nice to have options.

jclark311

I ordered my TT from Fuel Moto today. Ill keep you guys posted on the results. I have been a carb guy from day 1.