March 29, 2024, 03:05:11 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

bought my first buell 01 S3 thunderbolt

Started by One4Tone, September 22, 2015, 11:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

One4Tone

picked one up in nice condition for under 3k..less than 6 miles...getting it on the 25th of sept...hopefully we get our "indian summer"...love the power and the rumble..of 90 ponies. It is fuel injected, blue, missing the bags but otherwise all original... :up:

garyajaz

One4Tone

not yet...when I get I will try to post..have yet to figure out how...allways says it's too much data or something to that affect.it's the blue paint (original)..they are safeting it so it's Saturday now...tried it out in the parking lot...lots of pull...feels like it would lift front wheel...although it's hard to say..I like the inverted front end. Can't get over the price...under 3 ks. taxes in.

One4Tone

never owned a sportster...this Buell Thunderbolt S3 is rated at 90 ponies.(rear wheel)..I wonder how they get this much power,,,compression ratio, cams, fuel injection...?

garyajaz

all the above, and an exhaust system that works.
put your pix on photobuckett or other hosting site and post a link to it here.

One4Tone

will continue to try  to post pics...no luck so far...put about 200 miles so far. very good on fuel, power is good...definetly a good fast bike. very oil tight. new Michelins on it was a bonus...This bike is a keeper. Rode Harley cruisers for 38 years. This is  a great change in more ways than one. A little backfiring today trough the air filter ...nothing too bad..will check intake allen bolts. I have my other bikes so it's a nice contrast. Insurance is pretty hefty on this bike. Will have to rotate around.

CW#

How do you feel about the availability of parts?

C#
Whut Me Wurry?

One4Tone

I imagine some years are better than others. My 01 benefits from having the sporty engine. The Wankel motor may be stronger but tradition wins in my opinion. Seals, bearings should not be a major problem. Brake pads i would think are available. Electrical parts I do not know but i don't expect huge problem. have you had trouble getting parts?

Buffalo

Brake pads are available from SBS #676HS front. My 6 piston Hawg Halter calipers just happen to use the same pads. Good linear brake feel and excellent full power grip, while lasting at least twice as long as stock.
Buffalo

One4Tone