April 27, 2024, 07:59:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

just about went down

Started by strokerjlk, October 27, 2015, 08:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strokerjlk

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

strokerjlk

strokerjlk

HighLiner

motolocopat

Glad you didn't, that could have gotten real ugly down on the fast end.
What happened?
MotoLocoPat  2015 FLTRXS, 2013FLHX, 2010FXDF
2006 Ducati S2R1000, 2004 KTM950

strokerjlk

Quote from: motolocopat on October 28, 2015, 01:29:07 AM
Glad you didn't, that could have gotten real ugly down on the fast end.
What happened?
oil on the track

DOM

Scary stuff.  Glad you are ok.

John/1

Glad to see that your are OK!!
John

1FSTRK

OK call the doc and tell him you do not need the EKG at your next physical, YOUR HEART IS STRONG.
Glad to to see it ended well, like the man said "that's racin"
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Racepres

Quote from: 1FSTRK on October 28, 2015, 06:41:11 AM
OK call the doc and tell him you do not need the EKG at your next physical, YOUR HEART IS STRONG.

No...that is Piss Poor Tower management...Car people don't care about Bike People...
Good places have binoculars...and use them, checking the track constantly.

strokerjlk

Quote from: Racepres on October 28, 2015, 07:19:31 AM

No...that is Piss Poor Tower management...Car people don't care about Bike People...
That is so true Marty . One I the biggest reasons I love the AMRA . Absolutely the best track prep , I have ever seen .
This circumstance is why I hate running with cars .
This car was warned 3 times .he didn't withdraw until qualifying .3 hrs later .
The starting line was shut down 3-4 times and sprayed with alcohol. Then re prepped .never once did they go down track .

pwmorris

Damn, that was close...
Nice recovery-
The old LACR track, now closed, where I learned to race had a gravel company next to the track and lots of wind that would blow fine sand on the big end. Know a Busa who went down and several cars who spun out down there. I got a little squirrelly a couple times, and once the starter even warned me to be careful down there.
As said, all about prep and proper track management.

strokerjlk

The 6.8 is the pass in the video
The 6.6 was the best I ran that day .

bladerunner

Quote from: Racepres on October 28, 2015, 07:19:31 AM

Yep . couple years ago when I exploded my primary  right after the 60 ft.   Me and my crew  were cleaning  up all the busted chain links , rollers  , aluminum .  The starter had 2 cars staged  .   They were pissed because we were  "in the way " 
           really .....   local low budget track .......  Glad you are ok   stroker

Erie , pennsylvania

jam65

Great to see that you kept the rubber side down Jim and only had the delamination of a boot sole. Wow!

kd

Glad it worked out OK. On the other hand that burst of smoke indicates you went thru the traps "full on"  :up:  and you had enough power at that speed to actually spin hard enough to smoke the tire big time.  :up: :up:
KD

Racepres

Quote from: kd on October 28, 2015, 06:55:47 PM
Glad it worked out OK. On the other hand that burst of smoke indicates you went thru the traps "full on"  :up:  and you had enough power at that speed to actually spin hard enough to smoke the tire big time.  :up: :up:

Not many people appreciate how much power [and will power] it takes to produce a 10 second Bagger...Till ya try to do it yerself!!!!

Drag racing is a Very Humbling experience for Most!!!!
Jim ain't one!!!!!

jam65

Quote from: Racepres on October 28, 2015, 07:23:14 PM

Not many people appreciate how much power [and will power] it takes to produce a 10 second Bagger...Till ya try to do it yerself!!!!

Drag racing is a Very Humbling experience for Most!!!!
Jim ain't one!!!!!
:up:

strokerjlk

That's about where she comes on hard  , she is really pulling right before the 1/8 .
With my old gearing I wheelied across the 1/8 mile at bowling green once .  :emsad:
Thanks Marty .

prodrag1320

prodrag1320

I HATE you tube!!! go to KIRBY APATHY on you tube & watch the race between me & chris smith

strokerjlk

prodrag1320

strokerjlk

Quote from: prodrag1320 on October 29, 2015, 03:33:11 PM
thanks jim!
no problem. I hate you tube too.
wild ride right there :chop:

prodrag1320

put a hoosier tire on it,it broke loose mid track on every pass.that pass I just snapped the throttle and it straightened out (kinda!!) the first 2 runs in eliminations I had bye`s,other bikes broke (even had a guy in my class tell me before that pass "well,you got to race someone this round,what ya gunna do now" (a**hole),that's what I did.beat the "talker" in the final

02roadcling

I liked the commercial better. Haha. Naw, J/K. That was exciting just to watch, let alone riding it out and winning.

cling  :up:
02roadcling
NW corner of Washington

akjeff

Not the kind of excitement a guy needs.....glad you were able to save it!  :up:

Jeff
'09 FLTR/120R/'91 XL1250 street tracker project/'07 DR-Z400S

jmorton10

I love that video, I downloaded it last year.

Bucking Bronco ride right there, great rider skill.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS