AQUATICAV AQ-MP-5UBT-H Headunit

Started by Provider7, November 19, 2015, 07:42:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Provider7

Anyone have any feedback comments /experience with this AQUATICAV AQ-MP-5UBT-H head unit. It's a little pricey & you loose AVC other than that could be a consideration for me as I try to decide what components I want to use to upgrade current OEM system. Plan to pair it with the BT-4180,7.1's & Pioneer 6902's in the bags. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks I Advance

Bud Murray   

Bsmith153

Well I just did some research on a few websites and the only thing that bothered me was that they say the built in Amp puts 288watts but I couldnt find a CEA-2006 compliant certification anywhere, and without that I wouldnt trust the wattage rating. They are also more expensive that a good marine grade headunit from say Kenwood or Sony, I would look into those. I have a Kenwood in my 04 flht and it works really well with all the bells and whistes and it was under 200bucks. That would be my 2 cents.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!

speed limit

AQs are the best thing out there right now for a Harley upgrade no interface needed drive up to 8 speakers @ 50wts per channel so no external amp needed and last but not least they are water resistant
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

Coyote

Quote from: Bsmith153 on January 03, 2016, 07:56:46 AM
Well I just did some research on a few websites and the only thing that bothered me was that they say the built in Amp puts 288watts but I couldnt find a CEA-2006 compliant certification anywhere, and without that I wouldnt trust the wattage rating. They are also more expensive that a good marine grade headunit from say Kenwood or Sony, I would look into those. I have a Kenwood in my 04 flht and it works really well with all the bells and whistes and it was under 200bucks. That would be my 2 cents.

There is no way it does 288 WRMS. It's spec'd to only need 7 amps max. Math doesn't lie.

Bsmith153

Quote from: speed limit on January 05, 2016, 04:35:36 PM
AQs are the best thing out there right now for a Harley upgrade no interface needed drive up to 8 speakers @ 50wts per channel so no external amp needed and last but not least they are water resistant
[/quot
After reading what I read I would strongly disagree.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!