April 25, 2024, 02:09:53 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Smack-A-Hoe 124

Started by turboprop, January 08, 2016, 05:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turboprop

'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

SLAATY

And just in time for winter. At least I these parts...sigh

1FSTRK

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

2006FXDCI

You hos askin all dese questions lookin to get smacked ? Keep ur pimp hand strong  :doh:
2006 Super glide 107" , 2005 electra glide 124"

No Cents

08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

calif phil

:up:   Looks great, I always like your projects.   :up:

Just Nick

Looks Good. Is that a mid control bagger you are building there looks interesting.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: Just Nick on January 08, 2016, 08:08:32 AM
Looks Good. Is that a mid control bagger you are building there looks interesting.

FXR..

:up:  Cool work BTW.. Are the heads shown at Baisley's shop?

HD/Wrench

Nice work on the heads.. missing the vane some one but some time in those  :up: :up: Should be a ripper  :chop:

TweekmyTwin

Looks like the honeymoon is over for you.. the last build was on the dinning table...lol
Great works as always..
Kiss What ?

turboprop

Quote from: Max Headflow on January 08, 2016, 08:12:33 AM

FXR..

:up:  Cool work BTW.. Are the heads shown at Baisley's shop?

Thanks. These are being done at Zippers by Adam H, the child protege of the late Dick Hilferty (RIP).

turboprop

Quote from: TweekmyTwin on January 08, 2016, 08:16:48 AM
Looks like the honeymoon is over for you.. the last build was on the dinning table...lol
Great works as always..

It's not over yet.  These pictures are of just one of countless mockups. The pistons, valves, springs and heads still have to go out for various coatings and treatments. As per household SOP, final assembly will happen in the guesthouse dinning room.

turboprop

Max already called it out, but no, not a bagger. I know this website is pretty much bagger centric, and I have a bagger, but I don't really understand why guys put so much effort into them. Would rather focus my efforts on a light bike that will turn, like an FXR. But to each their own.

sfmichael

some nice eye candy - looks good  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

turboprop

Quote from: TorQueInc on January 08, 2016, 05:28:05 AM
details ?

Its just a little carb'd 124 with RedShift 687 cams and heads with a 2.150" intake, new S&S crank built w/Carrillo rods. Will be going into my new FXR project.

rageglide

Neat project.  When I saw the heads I was thinking Hemi Designs.  Bet it's going to be a beast.

Is the transmission case from a Dyna or a bagger?
I also like the "oil pump" adapter plate.  Cool no nonsense piece.

Just Nick

Quote from: turboprop on January 08, 2016, 09:58:59 AM

Max already called it out, but no, not a bagger. I know this website is pretty much bagger centric, and I have a bagger, but I don't really understand why guys put so much effort into them. Would rather focus my efforts on a light bike that will turn, like an FXR. But to each their own.

I went back and looked closer and seen its a FXR I have always wanted to build a FXR for myself they are imo the best Harley has built.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

turboprop

Quote from: rageglide on January 08, 2016, 10:32:56 AM
Neat project.  When I saw the heads I was thinking Hemi Designs.  Bet it's going to be a beast.

Is the transmission case from a Dyna or a bagger?
I also like the "oil pump" adapter plate.  Cool no nonsense piece.

There is no oil pump adapter plate used here. The engine case is an S&S TC w/Evo style rear mount. I originally planned to use an FXR type trans case, even went as far as to build a trans using a Delkron case. The issue with that arrangement is the oil tank being above the oil pump and the lack of a check valve in the TC oil pump.

So, in with the FL trans with a belly oil pan. Extensive mods had to be made to fit the pan into the frame without cutting the frame.

Here are a few pictures;

1FSTRK

What did you end up doing for an inner primary case?

rageglide

Seriously impressed.   :up:

I didn't see the casting after of the cam chest in the first picture, it blended in.  So I was thinking you came up with a bolt on adapter for the oil lines.  (without bolts as I look a second time lol)   

Looks like the oil pan presented quite a challenge.  3 different tries?

Are you having to modify the frame?  Sure looks like a tight fit from the pics.
Thanks for sharing
bob

turboprop

Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 08, 2016, 01:01:57 PM

A standard FXR inner primary bolts on, no issues. I have a small pile of Delkron inners, one of them will be used here.

turboprop

Quote from: rageglide on January 08, 2016, 01:03:38 PM
Seriously impressed.   :up:

I didn't see the casting after of the cam chest in the first picture, it blended in.  So I was thinking you came up with a bolt on adapter for the oil lines.  (without bolts as I look a second time lol)   

Looks like the oil pan presented quite a challenge.  3 different tries?

Are you having to modify the frame?  Sure looks like a tight fit from the pics.
Thanks for sharing
bob

I made three pans. Two for me, one for Paul Morris.

11th Commandment clearly states, one shall not cut an FXR frame. No mods to the frame required. The oil modified oil pan clears both cross members, the right side too control and the kickstand bracket on the crossmember.

1FSTRK

Quote from: turboprop on January 08, 2016, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 08, 2016, 01:01:57 PM

A standard FXR inner primary bolts on, no issues. I have a small pile of Delkron inners, one of them will be used here.

Yes I knew it would. I just wondered if you went with stock or the Delkron.
The 124's with Evo style mounts I have seen in the FXR frames have always require attention to detail where the primary is concerned for strength reasons.
The best results were from the heavier inner or the stock one if it was hollow doweled to the engine case and the engine case, trans case, and inner primary were all set up on a surface plate or mill so there was no twist or pull when any bolt was tightened.
Great looking project, look forward to following your progress. 

Durwood

January 08, 2016, 02:16:03 PM #24 Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:44:38 PM by Durwood
Looks awesome Ed!!! Great work as usual :up:

Is this one of the bike's you are planning on taking to the Expo?