April 19, 2024, 06:54:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Smack-A-Hoe 124

Started by turboprop, January 08, 2016, 05:14:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Nick

Quote from: HighLiner on January 09, 2016, 02:35:33 PM
That black FXR is right up my alley!

Same here I showed my wife the pics of the fxr's and even she said that black one is sexy. That has got to be one of the nicest fxr's I have ever seen.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

pwmorris

Quote from: Just Nick on January 10, 2016, 10:23:37 AM

Same here I showed my wife the pics of the fxr's and even she said that black one is sexy. That has got to be one of the nicest fxr's I have ever seen.
It sure is-
You guys need to build or buy one and join the cult...

ED-
Coming along nicely, but as you said, a buch of work to do.
As usual, attention to detail and build focus is at an elite level. No cutting corners, not accepting good enough, till it's the best it can be... :up:

turboprop

Quote from: pwmorris on January 10, 2016, 11:15:00 AM

It sure is-

ED-
As usual, attention to detail and build focus is at an elite level. No cutting corners, not accepting good enough, till it's the best it can be... :up:

Thanks Paul, you carry a big stick and your praise means allot me.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

HD/Wrench

I agree , the AN fittings are dead sexy and feel they always give that extra touch.. Nice job its looking great .

Just Nick

Quote from: pwmorris on January 10, 2016, 11:15:00 AM

It sure is-

ED-

I told the wife I have always wanted to do a fxr for me and she rolled her eyes and said" really another bike let me guess this one will need a 124" motor also you already got two with big ass motors" the good thing is she never says no when it comes to bikes for me. Maybe next year I will take in a fxr build for me I just started a 08 dyna build so it can wait. I got a 86 fxrc in the shop for sale right now that I bet I could get for 4K or so it's been for sale at my shop for a year or more the owner hates people so he don't advertise it and I'm not known for selling bikes I bet it will be there when I'm ready to buy a fxr its stamped number like 1125 out of 1250 that year. I would just hate to change it from oem to much
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

harleytuner

Awesome work Ed.  I love the FXR as well, I just picked up 2 more projects for me, that makes 3 in my stable.  I just got an '86 GTE and a '94 police, plans are a 113" TC in one and possibly a 132 X wedge in the other.  Not positive on the x wedge because, like you, I hate to modify the frame.  Is there any chance you'd do another oil pan ol buddy ol pal?

turboprop

Quote from: harleytuner on January 10, 2016, 05:41:49 PM
Awesome work Ed.  I love the FXR as well, I just picked up 2 more projects for me, that makes 3 in my stable.  I just got an '86 GTE and a '94 police, plans are a 113" TC in one and possibly a 132 X wedge in the other.  Not positive on the x wedge because, like you, I hate to modify the frame.  Is there any chance you'd do another oil pan ol buddy ol pal?

A friend of mine has taken one of the three I made and has drawn it, modified it some and plans to CNC one out of 6061. Once I proof it for form and fit, he is going to have a mold made and start producing them from injection molded high temp resin. Similar to those used on many of the big diesel engines. I don't know what his target price is yet. The drawing looks very good.

harleytuner

Quote from: turboprop on January 10, 2016, 06:02:52 PM
Quote from: harleytuner on January 10, 2016, 05:41:49 PM

A friend of mine has taken one of the three I made and has drawn it, modified it some and plans to CNC one out of 6061. Once I proof it for form and fit, he is going to have a mold made and start producing them from injection molded high temp resin. Similar to those used on many of the big diesel engines. I don't know what his target price is yet. The drawing looks very good.

Sounds awesome, hopefully it all comes together quickly lol. 

biggzed

Amazing work. Is that a Sawicki pipe on the black and gold bike? I've been reading some good things online about that pipe, but you never know if those "reviews" are real and genuine.

Zach

turboprop

Quote from: biggzed on January 12, 2016, 10:46:34 AM
Amazing work. Is that a Sawicki pipe on the black and gold bike? I've been reading some good things online about that pipe, but you never know if those "reviews" are real and genuine.

Zach

I know Tyler Sawicki, but no that is not one of his pipes. The stainless pipe on the black bike is a Bassani pipe that he private labels for a kid in San Diego with a little online store named Thrashin Supply.

turboprop

Will add that IMO, the Thrashing Supply/Bassani pipe was not designed for performance but for appearances and to fit multiple pipes. The pipe will fit all models of the FXR and dyna, regardless of wether they have mid controls, floor boards or forward controls. The head pipes are too short as the collector is in front of the nose cone.

The pipe on the black bike was given to me as compensation for putting the bike in the booth at Cinci. The pipe was sold within a week of returning from the show as I felt is was way too small to work on the 124 Moonshine engine. Would probably work ok on a much smaller engine.

http://www.thrashinsupply.com/products/thrashin-tsc-stainless-steel-pipe

biggzed

John/1

Great thread Ed,any idea on the carb,pipe and compression that you will use on this set up.I see that Zippers has 687 cam for an evo spec. are a little different.I was also thinking about trying the 687 in my evo build instead of the 715 that I have.
John

turboprop

Quote from: John/1 on January 12, 2016, 07:30:58 PM
Great thread Ed,any idea on the carb,pipe and compression that you will use on this set up.I see that Zippers has 687 cam for an evo spec. are a little different.I was also thinking about trying the 687 in my evo build instead of the 715 that I have.
John

This engine will use a Guppy III pipe and initially a Mik48 carb with a Vulcan back plate, a super D intake and the BIG air cleaner from Zippers. I may eventually transition the engine over to some type of fuel injection.

I think you will like the RedShift 687 cam(s).

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: turboprop on January 12, 2016, 02:57:24 PM

Zach

I know Tyler Sawicki, but no that is not one of his pipes. The stainless pipe on the black bike is a Bassani pipe that he private labels for a kid in San Diego with a little online store named Thrashin Supply.

Is that the guy that molested your bike last year?

turboprop

Quote from: Max Headflow on January 12, 2016, 09:35:49 PM
Quote from: turboprop on January 12, 2016, 02:57:24 PM

Zach

Is that the guy that molested your bike last year?

Tyler S is in Canada and is a really good dude. No, the kid that molested my bike last year was a stunt rider from San Diego named Lance Courey. Lance is the owner of that Thrashin Supply site that Bassani private labels that pipe for. For whatever reason young Lance thought it was appropriate for him to put one of his stickers on the bike as well as replace the foot pegs with his own. I swear, next time I am in SD I am going to find that guy and put a bunch of stickers on his bike when he isn't looking.

N-gin

Awesome, just awesome.
Stupid question that piston is in grams? Who made the piston?
I'm not here cause of a path before me, Im here cause of the burnout left behind

turboprop

Quote from: N-gin on January 13, 2016, 03:26:43 AM
Awesome, just awesome.
Stupid question that piston is in grams? Who made the piston?

Thank you for the kind words.

Piston weight is shown in grams. The piston started out as a Axtell/JE 30 degree blank. Zippers made a few changes to it.

jmorton10

It's already been said, but that all black bike is AWESOME!!

I don't think I've ever seen an FXR that I liked better than that!!

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

turboprop

Again, both bikes are exactly the same except for paint and gauges. The pipe shown and the black bike was only there for a week and has since been replaced with a black Bassani 2-1, same as the red bike.

John/1

Quote from: turboprop on January 12, 2016, 08:02:28 PM
Quote from: John/1 on January 12, 2016, 07:30:58 PM
John

This engine will use a Guppy III pipe and initially a Mik48 carb with a Vulcan back plate, a super D intake and the BIG air cleaner from Zippers. I may eventually transition the engine over to some type of fuel injection.

I think you will like the RedShift 687 cam(s).

I was thinking if I went to a 687 I would set mine up 12.5 to 1.?What are your plans on your compression
John

Jonny Cash

Quote from: turboprop on January 15, 2016, 03:56:56 PM
Again, both bikes are exactly the same except for paint and gauges. The pipe shown and the black bike was only there for a week and has since been replaced with a black Bassani 2-1, same as the red bike.

I guess I'm always in the minority, the two-tone fxr with the Guppy pipe has got the look for me.
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

biggzed

You're not alone. I'd kick my bagger over to have any one of those bikes.

Zach

Quote from: JONNY CASH on January 15, 2016, 04:27:36 PM
Quote from: turboprop on January 15, 2016, 03:56:56 PM

I guess I'm always in the minority, the two-tone fxr with the Guppy pipe has got the look for me.

1FSTRK

This pair beats a full house

"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

turboprop

Quote from: 1FSTRK on January 17, 2016, 07:04:17 PM
This pair beats a full house

To all, thanks for the kind words. Means allot.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the third FXR frame in the back. Also have a few more out in the barn, all with clear titles. Should keep me busy for a few years.