March 28, 2024, 12:51:27 PM

News:

1952 Pan frame swap

Started by BBQBIKER, January 11, 2016, 03:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBQBIKER

So I'm back at this again....

Motor's ready for assembly, lower end's all rebuilt heads are done. I shitcanned that Santee frame and have now decided to purchase a complete Vtwin 1949 HydraGlide roller. Drop in my motor and trans and be done with it.

This is what I'm thinking

I ordered it with " restoration finish" which is black and parkerizing hardware. Black 16" wheels too. Comes with everything minus drivetrain. I can modify to my liking as it goes together. It may smell a little like paddy water but I'll be RIDING

I bought a lift. Yeah it's the Harbor Freight one and I had a fucking coupon so WTF it was $329 out the door.

Fits in my Van

I will attempt to put this all together myself over the coming fall/winter. Should be a total fiasco as I can barely change a spark plug. But I'll be able to say I fucked up everything MYSELF!

Cleaned up cylinders

Line boring

0.30 over Wiseco forged Pistons

Andrews J cam gonna reuse it

Matching cases

Matching cases
BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

MSRP is $4913.68 for part # 55-2541, straight outta the new Vtwin Bobber catalog. 1949 Pan chassis black/parkerized with hand shift. Just add drivetrain.

I also ordered black inner/outer primary and chain, and a Vulcan Engineering auto advance dist. I have one on my shovel and like it.
BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

The chassis has arrived. Yep.....there's a 1949 HydraGlide roller in that there box......the frame is packed vertically......I hope hahaha

BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

BBQBIKER sends

Deye76

:up: Cool. Will enjoy your progress.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

dablaze

Very much looking forward to this thread...always wondered about the fitment on those V-twin chassis...

I was reading this and eyeing my '52 frame...but it is already promised to my son. The replica ones are gorgeous though.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

Deye76

BTW that deep Maroon color in the pic you posted is beautiful. My dad had a 49' Ford that color, turned a lot of heads.

BBQBIKER

Quote from: dablaze on October 10, 2016, 10:26:55 PM
Very much looking forward to this thread...always wondered about the fitment on those V-twin chassis...

I was reading this and eyeing my '52 frame...but it is already promised to my son. The replica ones are gorgeous though.

Craig

I'll have detailed pics of everything as i
progress. Thanks for watching!
BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

Quote from: Deye76 on October 11, 2016, 04:51:53 AM
BTW that deep Maroon color in the pic you posted is beautiful. My dad had a 49' Ford that color, turned a lot of heads.

I'm undecided on color but that red is nice. My swingarm roller has deep
red tins that I call "Candy Apple Blood" was a blend done a long time ago so I may duplicate it.
BBQBIKER sends

BBQBIKER

Got my Habbah Freight lift assembled ($329 with coupon!) and putting it to use taking the transmission out of my old roller.

BBQBIKER sends

Deye76

JamLazyAss

I'd like to see a picture of your 52 frame.
Don't ask me why  :wink:
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

dablaze

Second Shift Cycle

BBQBIKER

Quote from: dablaze on October 12, 2016, 09:55:38 AM
Mine or BBQ's?

Craig

Uh oh....does that mean my paddy water frame is all twisted like pretzel and nothing's gonna line up???
BBQBIKER sends

JamLazyAss

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

dablaze

From what I have always heard, the vtwin frames are quite good to work with, but there is always a chance of them getting tweaked in shipping. I would always have someone with a frame jig give it a going over first, but I assume many don't.

For comparisons sake, here is my '52 frame. It has some minor issues, someone changed the toolbox mount as well as the front tank mount, but otherwise it's pretty good. The first shot is just me being an ass...

Any detail shots you want, let me know.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

FSG

QuoteThe first shot is just me being an ass...

so it's not just me   :hyst:

BBQBIKER

Quote from: dablaze on October 17, 2016, 10:22:03 PM
From what I have always heard, the vtwin frames are quite good to work with, but there is always a chance of them getting tweaked in shipping. I would always have someone with a frame jig give it a going over first, but I assume many don't.

For comparisons sake, here is my '52 frame. It has some minor issues, someone changed the toolbox mount as well as the front tank mount, but otherwise it's pretty good. The first shot is just me being an ass...

Any detail shots you want, let me know.

Craig

Wow nice stash thanks for the pics. I''all take a pic of
My paddy frame when I can
BBQBIKER sends

moose

I have a stock 50 frame bare if you need any pictures
Moose aka Glenn-

dablaze

Hey Moose, long time no talk...my '50 is my project for this winter...been waiting too long.

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

BBQBIKER

Just got a rebuilt M-74B

The one I was using prior to motor rebuild worked fine but is a little crusty so I'll  rebuild it and have as a spare. Want everything on this to be new repop or rebuilt.

On the hunt for a generator now.....

BBQBIKER sends

moose

yeah craig mine has been sitting too long this winter is the time to do it.  My old house did not have the room or heat in the garage.  My new one has heat and a 33x44 three bay garage so no excuses not
Moose aka Glenn-

BBQBIKER

Alright I took some pics of the frame..

BBQBIKER sends

dablaze

Looks great, nice and clean, lol. I have not looked into the '52 that much, but I believe it should be the horseshoe toolbox holder on the '52, which is not a difficult switch to make. It's something I would do first if it were me.

Carb looks great too, I wish any of mine looked that good!

Craig
Second Shift Cycle

BBQBIKER

Quote from: dablaze on October 19, 2016, 03:42:31 PM
Looks great, nice and clean, lol. I have not looked into the '52 that much, but I believe it should be the horseshoe toolbox holder on the '52, which is not a difficult switch to make. It's something I would do first if it were me.

Carb looks great too, I wish any of mine looked that good!

Craig

Yeah I'm not changing anything on it I have my "period incorrect"  stickers ready for deployment
BBQBIKER sends