May 08, 2024, 09:42:13 PM

News:

Road Glide Ultra

Started by Ardy, October 30, 2015, 06:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ardy

Looking for recommendations for an audio upgrade for a 2016 FTLRU. What amps will fit under the faring? Speakers? Looking at Biketronics and J&M websites they are using a "magic box" instead of a reflash on the radio. Doesn't seem like Harley has exactly figured what works the best with the DSP working away in there...even with their own Boom audio upgrade.

TIA
Ardy
Guns don't kill people.
Drivers on Cell Phones do.

speed limit

You can`t go wrong with biketronics first class stuff from a first class outfit
If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

Smarty

Quote from: Ardy on October 30, 2015, 06:37:05 PM
Looking for recommendations for an audio upgrade for a 2016 FTLRU. What amps will fit under the faring? Speakers? Looking at Biketronics and J&M websites they are using a "magic box" instead of a reflash on the radio. Doesn't seem like Harley has exactly figured what works the best with the DSP working away in there...even with their own Boom audio upgrade.

TIA
Ardy

The JM Corp  Rokker Extreme kit with the speakers provided is one great sound and plug and play. Amp mount under the Radio with the provided bracket and spaced to let heat stay away from the radio. Love mine.
Suspended by Smarty
Carol Burks

Ardy

Thanks for the replies. I've looked at both JM and Biketronics and I agree that they are quality systems but I'm looking for and less expensive alternative. I know the RGU is new to the market and there hasn't a lot of experimenting with other Amp brands yet. That being said, are there any other 4 channel amps that will fit under there? Also can I buy the output converters from either JM or Biketronics and have them work with other amps or are they specific to the amp they offer?

Ardy
Guns don't kill people.
Drivers on Cell Phones do.

speed limit

If it don`t scare you, It ain`t fast enough.

jughead

Im going to keep track of this one my best friend just bought one and was asking me advice..

Helmwurst

Has anyone used the line leveler BT355 and made any adjustments to it? I got mine last week and have not finished the install and was wondering if adjust the HPF would give the system a little more lower frequency?? Any comments back? Not sure if the system was tuned at BT before it was shipped to me.

UltraNutZ

Helmworst:
HPF usually means it will cut off from a certain frequency down.  So adjusting it clockwise would increase the frequency at which the speakers operate and counterclockwise would decrease the frequency at which the speakers would operate.  So in theory to answer your question it should however that all depends on what BT has done with the device and where specifically it sets the lower frequency "bottom out/drop off" point to be.  Make sense?

Ardy:
If you're looking for a more cost effective method the important thing to keep in mind is FM reception.  You will want a Class D or higher amp on these bikes.  Problem is, most Class D amps will interfere with FM reception.   Biketronics and J&M got the FM reception thing figured out with their amps.  BT amps kick butt, J&M amps are pretty good too, BT speakers are some of the best out there, J&M speakers, ah not so much.  Boom Audio Stage II in it's full form, front and rear amps with their speakers sounds pretty damned good.  Just all boils down to what you want to spend.

Here's a suggestion;  A BT line leveler, SS PN2.350D amp, Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers and then whatever misc hardware you need (wire, polyfil, fuse holder, fuse, etc).  That should get you into a nice sounding setup for under $500.  Theres is a guy on the "other" forum goes by WestTexasRanger.  Has a BT2180 amp, BT 7.1 speakers for sale that he just bought from Bill.

Here's another suggestion as well.  Call Bill at BT directly, you never know what kind of discount mood he's in today.   :smile:
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Bsmith153

I run a Focal Amp 1.235, 2 channel, they have a four about the sane size, and mounted pretty easily. The focal speakers are pricey but quality is exceptional. CrutchField is another good place to check out different options. Good luck, so many choices out there.
I dont race because I think im the fastest
I race because its Fun!