News:

TP 121

Started by P2D, February 14, 2016, 11:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P2D

Any experiences with these?

Good, bad, ugly?

xlfan

This wasn't exactly reassuring for the TP 121" engine.

Almost 6 years ago, and still no experiences.  :smiled:

kd

I just did a google search for TP 121 review and found lots of info.
KD

turboprop

Amazing how that internet search thing works.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

xlfan

Your point being, why bother asking fellow members here?

Hossamania

The question should have been, what type of oil to use in the TP121, answers and stories would have flooded in.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

December 21, 2021, 01:15:42 PM #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 01:20:56 PM by kd
Quote from: xlfan on December 21, 2021, 11:58:08 AMYour point being, why bother asking fellow members here?

As we all know, this HTT forum group is a very sharing bunch.  As you can see, the question was first posed over 5 1/2 years ago.   I guess nobody had anything to offer back then.  I did a quick search because I had no idea what he was looking for and found way more info than I was interested in reading and then pass on with no actual TP 121 experience.  I expect the info has been out there for some time, (at least 5 years previous to his first post) just not here.  I did offer information that I thought the OP could find easier than waiting another 5 1/2 years until someone else tried one.  Knowing how much everyone pitches in here, I would guess no one had any experience or answers and he was not being snubbed. 
KD

xlfan

My hope was that somebody could share info regarding longevity of this engine, considering five and a half years.

My guess if nobody here at HTT have tried this engine over all these years, it is an engine to stay away from.

xlfan

Quote from: Hossamania on December 21, 2021, 12:31:08 PMThe question should have been, what type of oil to use in the TP121, answers and stories would have flooded in.

Hilarious  :hyst:

Hossamania

Maybe now, 5 1/2 years later someone will chime in since this has been bumped back to the top.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

92flhtcu

Several experiences with TP124" engines over the years, nothing negative, the 121 however, I have no experience with.
That being said, everything I've seen from TP was good stuff
Need a bigger garage

turboprop

Quote from: xlfan on December 21, 2021, 11:58:08 AMYour point being, why bother asking fellow members here?

Not sure if your remark was directed at me or KD. If it was directed at me, my point was that KD did a search and found a bunch of information, hence my  remark. As for you and many others, it is all too common for members here to start their own new thread for something that has been discussed many times on this very forum. Personally, I would like to see more emphasis on members here searching, doing some basic research on their own before asking a question and expecting information to be served up to them on a platter, especially someone like you that has been here for a day or two. Maybe this is too much to expect, but I hope not.

FWIW, my experiences with TP products has been very good. Had you done a simple open source search of TP, you  may have discovered that all TP engines share a lot of common components, ie oil pump and rocker boxes that ar interchangeable with oem harley stuff. You could then have made an intelligent supposition that the only real differences between the various sizes of engines offered by TP is the bore and stroke combinations. The various bore and stroke combinations have known characteristics, regardless of manufacture. Or instead of reading information that is already available and actually learning some stuff, you could simply ask a question and wait for information to be served up directly and specifically for you.

Good luck with your project.
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.