March 28, 2024, 08:51:27 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

I think i want a vrod

Started by Just Nick, March 05, 2016, 11:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhereman

Quote from: JW113 on April 27, 2016, 08:06:30 PM
Oh I don't know Ron. Some might consider it an improvement.
:SM:

[attach=0]

-JW
Man, forwards on that?
Someone must have Gorilla length arms and a bad back. :hyst:
- From Nowhere in particular

rbabos

Quote from: Nowhereman on April 28, 2016, 05:21:28 AM
Quote from: JW113 on April 27, 2016, 08:06:30 PM
Oh I don't know Ron. Some might consider it an improvement.
:SM:

[attach=0]

-JW
Man, forwards on that?
Someone must have Gorilla length arms and a bad back. :hyst:
Or be 20 years old. That would be painful for me.
Ron

rbabos

Quote from: Ohio HD on April 28, 2016, 03:11:13 AM
I too looked at vrod's, in about 2005. But I have too much leg length for them. 36" to 37" Jean's inseam. Didn't see any way to get comfortable on one.
Yes, body type can make or break the deal. For me, 29" inseam and 5'8" with the reduced reach pegs on the 2012+ VRSCDX model the fit is pretty good. The Muscle for me is not as good of a fit as it retained the more forward bars and pegs. Don't think I could handle the previous year bikes due to the clam shell body position needed to ride them. I can handle more miles on this one then the FXSTC I had previously. Probably because the ride is better and next to no vibes.
Ron

Ohio HD

Quote from: rbabos on April 28, 2016, 06:41:56 AM
Quote from: Ohio HD on April 28, 2016, 03:11:13 AM
I too looked at vrod's, in about 2005. But I have too much leg length for them. 36" to 37" Jean's inseam. Didn't see any way to get comfortable on one.
Yes, body type can make or break the deal. For me, 29" inseam and 5'8" with the reduced reach pegs on the 2012+ VRSCDX model the fit is pretty good. The Muscle for me is not as good of a fit as it retained the more forward bars and pegs. Don't think I could handle the previous year bikes due to the clam shell body position needed to ride them. I can handle more miles on this one then the FXSTC I had previously. Probably because the ride is better and next to no vibes.
Ron

I rode my '87 FXST, (no it didn't vibrate    :hyst:     ) to Arizona and back twice. Came back to Ohio on a touring bike the third time...    :chop:

Hossamania

I liked the one Matt Hoch did, had some pretty nice lines.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Nowhereman

Quote from: Hossamania on April 29, 2016, 03:29:11 PM

Yeah this one put him on the map big time.
- From Nowhere in particular

Hossamania

Quote from: Nowhereman on April 29, 2016, 05:55:52 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on April 29, 2016, 03:29:11 PM

Yeah this one put him on the map big time.

That's the one.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

76shuvlinoff

A guy I work with has an 06 SE he bought off the floor in 07. Yeah it's a sharp fast bike. It's all factory and I bet he's coming up on 3000 miles now, no that's not typo.  He's 6'3" 300 lbs and even with the 200? rear tire it looks like he just overwhelms it.  I think he'd sell it but I get the impression he was overtaken by all the stripper glitter, waaay overpaid, and would rather let it sit and rot than sell it for what it's worth. 
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

rbabos

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 27, 2016, 08:48:21 AM
A guy I work with has an 06 SE he bought off the floor in 07. Yeah it's a sharp fast bike. It's all factory and I bet he's coming up on 3000 miles now, no that's not typo.  He's 6'3" 300 lbs and even with the 200? rear tire it looks like he just overwhelms it.  I think he'd sell it but I get the impression he was overtaken by all the stripper glitter, waaay overpaid, and would rather let it sit and rot than sell it for what it's worth.
That bike is or will be more valuable then you think. Last year of the vrod CVO. I agree back then the prices were stupid high for them which is against him but some day it will be a collectable to someone.. Any used one's I've seen , which are very rare, the sellers want top dollar, either individuals or dealers.
Ron

76shuvlinoff

I do wish him luck and maybe it'll work out fine.  Even though it's none of my business it bugs the hell out of me that it sits.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

rbabos

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on May 27, 2016, 09:26:38 AM
I do wish him luck and maybe it'll work out fine.  Even though it's none of my business it bugs the hell out of me that it sits.
Agree. Why even bother to buy a bike if all it sees is 3k milage in 8-9 years.
Ron

Mdanehart

I also have 36 inseam, I purchased a set of 4 inch extended forward controls from the 1130cc forum for my 07 AW, problem solved.