May 04, 2024, 04:11:42 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Boarzilla vs Dragula

Started by VDeuce, June 15, 2016, 08:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDeuce

Looking for input on the loudness and performance of these 2 pipes. I currently am running a Boarzilla on an '07 Street Glide with a 120R and 662-2 cams. The performance is fine (not in love with the sound), but I would like something a little quieter and have been reading good things about the Dragula 2 for some time.

Would the Dragula be any quieter than the Boarzilla? Performance?

Any input appreciated!

rking1550

Not either one of the two pipes you asked about,  but it's quite.
I'm running the S&S sidewinder 2 into 1 on my 01 roadking with a custom built 120" is definately quite, especially  compared   to the bub 7
2 into 1 I had on it before.
Going down the highway I have more wind noise than exhaust,  I can hear the valve train tick of the 662-1 over it too.
Performance wise hard to say, there's not a lot of info on it.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of people using it. But my 120" is making 139ftlb and 131hp with it. Dyno sheet is  in the dyno section. It seems to make tq nice and early compared to some others. No dip, at least on my build.
Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

124"@ 11.1 to 1, T-man 662-2, T-man thumper, woods CV 51 carb,  Bassini RR

itsafatboy

I would keep the header and look at this ,  i am waiting for the softail version so i can swap my boarzilla muffler to one of these ,

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-22164513-fuel-moto-e-series-2-5-universal-megaphone-muffler.html#!year%3D2006%7C%7Cmake%3DHARLEY-DAVIDSON%7C%7Cmodel%3DDYNA%20LOW%20RIDER%20FXDL

itsafatboy

Just Nick

I am running the E series Muffler on my 124" custom build with the Dragula head pipe and it pretty quiet and it will bark when you nail it. I think it is the perfect option and I did gain a little power with the e series muffler 
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

evostroker

I had the Dragula on my 117..Its "NOT" quiet. It was driving me crazy, so I pulled the muffler apart and re-packed it, with muffler packing cloth from a MX bike store. It was amazing how well it worked. Cruse was acceptable, but it still barked when you got on it.

Unbalanced

Quote from: VDeuce on June 15, 2016, 08:03:57 AM
Looking for input on the loudness and performance of these 2 pipes. I currently am running a Boarzilla on an '07 Street Glide with a 120R and 662-2 cams. The performance is fine (not in love with the sound), but I would like something a little quieter and have been reading good things about the Dragula 2 for some time.

Would the Dragula be any quieter than the Boarzilla? Performance?

Any input appreciated!

VDeuce,

I own both pipes and agree with you on the sound of the D&D.  I prefer the rumble and sound of the Dragula.   In a head to head test on the same bike the dragula1 out produced the D&D by about 4/3 which was a bonus because i prefer the sound on the Dragula.   The dragula also fit and scaled to support the 160+ hp on my 124.    Frank's customer service has been great any time i have needed something.   I still have the D&D on the 131 and the other 3 big inch bikes have the Drago. 

jmorton10

I own both pipes also.

I absolutely HATE the sound of the D&D.

The Dragula is fairly loud too, but it is much more of a deep rumble & I love the thing. It is not really loud at all cruising at 70mph.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

VDeuce

Tommy D

Quote from: jmorton10 on June 15, 2016, 01:47:00 PM
I own both pipes also.

I absolutely HATE the sound of the D&D.

The Dragula is fairly loud too, but it is much more of a deep rumble & I love the thing. It is not really loud at all cruising at 70mph.

~John

Is the Dragula 2 baffle wrapped?
Acts 4:12

cmashark

The stock Dragula baffle is 2.55.

Honestly, though, my power duals with S&S slip ons out performed the Dragula and are quieter than it too, but the Dragula has a pretty sweet sound to it.

Chris
2021 FLHXSE

Tommy D

Quote from: cmashark on June 17, 2016, 01:31:12 PM

Honestly, though, my power duals with S&S slip ons out performed the Dragula and are quieter than it too, but the Dragula has a pretty sweet sound to it.

Chris

Chris,

Which S&S slip on's?

cmashark

Quote from: Tommy D on June 17, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

Chris

Chris,

Which S&S slip on's?

Race Tour mufflers.
2021 FLHXSE

Tommy D

Quote from: cmashark on June 17, 2016, 02:35:54 PM
Quote from: Tommy D on June 17, 2016, 02:19:16 PM

Chris

Chris,

Which S&S slip on's?

Race Tour mufflers.

:up:

Proven winners

Sunny Jim

Has anyone tried the Magnaflow 2/1 on a big inch motor?